• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

16 Gil Elvgren Pinup Paintings to auction in the next two weeks

125 posts in this topic

"misplaced confidence" is gonna be the bargain here...its only at 4200

It's the "Granny-Panties" , which gives it a -50% multiplier on the 'chub-scale'.

"misplaced confidence" is gonna be the bargain here...its only at 4200

It's the "Granny-Panties" , which gives it a -50% multiplier on the 'chub-scale'.

lol

J Allen St John reserve is high, will be interesting to see if it sells.. nice piece

Crashed and burned...RNM.

Didn`t think it was going to sell at that reserve. It`s not a published piece and is just not a very strong piece in general.

Kind of weak prices in general in this auction.

The Shadow cover sold for only $10K w/BP, well below the estimate of $15-20K. I was the underbidder with what I thought was a throw-away tracking bid.

I like Bear Facts and I'm Just Trying it on for Sighs (elvgrens). Interesting to see where they end up. On bear facts, I've never seen a bear so happy to be a rug lol

Not digging Legs for Days, I think the hip area looks awkward

The Enoch Bolles looks nice (body is painted great, face could be better though)

The Soriyamas are worth a look :insane:

3- Lot 71133 Unexpected lift....Ha auction..has not met reserve of 25K, I fell sorry for the consignor..this is already lost in the shuffle...it;'s a great piece with lots of leg action..65K-70K value...its gonna go for 27K plus BP

Unexpected Lift - $68,750

This was my favorite of the bunch - quintessential Elvgren. In a different market, I could have seen it going for more. I certainly wouldn't mind waking up and seeing that on my wall every morning (no, I didn't go after it, though). :luhv:

Thankfully its quality shone through and it at least performed respectably. I'd certainly take this one any day over the What If? #1 or X-Men #200 covers. :insane:

3- Lot 71133 Unexpected lift....Ha auction..has not met reserve of 25K, I fell sorry for the consignor..this is already lost in the shuffle...it;'s a great piece with lots of leg action..65K-70K value...its gonna go for 27K plus BP

Unexpected Lift - $68,750

This was my favorite of the bunch - quintessential Elvgren. In a different market, I could have seen it going for more. I certainly wouldn't mind waking up and seeing that on my wall every morning (no, I didn't go after it, though). :luhv:

Thankfully its quality shone through and it at least performed respectably. I'd certainly take this one any day over the What If? #1 or X-Men #200 covers. :insane:

yeah that was a nice one too for sure. I'd prefer Bear Facts but both are great.