• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who remembers Robert Bell?

106 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, davidtere said:

I never ordered from Rogofsky but I ordered from Robert Bell on numerous occasions from 1969 to 1972. Bell would always request that you list other comic choices in case the one you wanted wasn't available. It seemed that I never got my first choice but that never stopped me from ordering. I was fascinated by Golden Age Comics even as a kid and because of Bell I learned about Captain Midnight and other Golden Age books that otherwise I would never had encountered. Even though I was a regular at San Diego Comic Con from 1969 on, I probably bought more GA books from Bell than at SDCC where I went specifically to fill holes in my Silver collection. As someone stated earlier in this thread, there is a dealer at the Southern Cal Comic Con (last year in Yorba Linda) that still sells comics using Bell Bags. My head almost spun off when I saw that. Good times. 

Having to list alternates was the worst. They all did that, pretty much.

"If you don't have my books, send me back my money dammit!"