• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Auction

25 posts in this topic

I almost forgot about tonight's art auction. I logged on in time to see a nice JLA #21 page sell for 9.6k. Did anyone see what the cover to ASM #160 went for? Or the Golden Avengers Annual pages?

The Amazing Spiderman 160 cover sold for $35,005

I almost forgot about tonight's art auction. I logged on in time to see a nice JLA #21 page sell for 9.6k. Did anyone see what the cover to ASM #160 went for? Or the Golden Avengers Annual pages?

Which JLA #21 page sold for $9600? I assume the JSA page? Does anyone know what the Superman/GA page went for?

How about the Byrne Avengers 181 page? Anyone see what that ended at?

Thanks.

The Astonish interiors went for a broad range, 4K to 11K, mostly driven by content. The most expensive page puzzles me a bit -- it's a very good action scene but it went significantly higher than the next-most-expensive page. I wonder if that was driven by the unshown-but-mentioned "sketches by Ayers" on the back.

The most expensive page was the last one selling in the auction, part of the price might be due to that....

Actually, if I understand it right, it's the other way around -- it's the 8th page of 10 being sold in the story. Every time someone bids on it within the 3-minute-warning, it gets extended another 3 minutes. That means that the high bidding on it caused it to be extended later than all the other pages. Does that make sense?

That's exactly what went down.

WOW, the Black Panther splash closed at more than I paid for a cover :o (of course that was several years back)

Yeah but that was "several years ago". Black panther stuff sells, and with the movie coming out and the hype and media coverage it's gonna get I think BP stuff is gonna continue to skyrocket.