• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a Marvel 'comic'

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm hoping somebody here can help me find something.

When I was young a neighbour got me a Marvel Comic Collection box that had a bunch of Marvel Comics in it. Here is a picture of it I found:

photo+1.JPG

With this box came a "comic" that was about collecting in general. I recall it being slim, so not a full sized comic and mostly text with some spot illustrations. I believe the cover was by John Buscema and it showed Namor under water in a shipwreck opening a treasure chest with comics inside and a bunch of heroes swimming behind him.

Does anybody recall the name of this 'comic' and the cover?

I had one of these same boxes. I remember it coming with a stack of marvel comics from the 87-89 period. There were a few Mcfarlane ASM's in there and some random X-men related Inferno issues. The version I had came with an Overstreet published "Collecting Comics" book. I remember getting this starter box at Toys R Us around June 1989 for my birthday that year when my grandpa took me shopping.

That box was also in the Sears Christmas catalogue... probably the year Batman came out in theatres. I've wanted the box back, but completely forgot about the guide. It also came with a paper repro of the first Overstreet, I think.

My box came with two Marvel Star Wars, a badly spine rolled Ms Marvel, an issue of the Phantom Stranger mini, a Starslayer... completely random, but still a great starter. :cloud9:

This place is awesome. :applause:

I've had the same type of question before (but a lot more vague) and this place always seems to come through.