• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO eyes WATCHMEN for T.V. series.
3 3

311 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2019 at 6:45 AM, gadzukes said:

Very intimidating

4 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

That Panda has been through some things, man.

Watchmen Fans Really Don't Like Panda

Pretty early on, viewers are introduced to some of those mask-wearing officers, including Regina King's Detective Angela Abar/Sister Night and Tim Blake Nelson's Wade/Looking Glass, but there's another masked officer that fans already can't stand: the panda-head wearing Panda.

In one of the early scenes of the episode, a police officer pulls over a man in a pickup truck and quickly comes to realize that the man -- who presents himself as a lettuce farmer -- is actually part of the racist, white supremacy group the Seventh Kavalry. He goes back to his car and calls in to get permission to unlock his gun and only to be told that Panda is in charge of that and is very by-the-books about granting the officer permission.

Later, after a meeting of the police, Chief Judd Crawford (Don Johnson) announces that he is invoking "Article Four", something that will allow the police to have access to their weapons without having to call in for approval. This prompts Panda to read the regulation, further proving how by the rules and, well, pedantic, he is.

And on social media fans are so not happy with Panda! Fans quickly took to Twitter to express their dislike for the character, with some cracking wise about how the annoyingly strict character reminds them of real life coworkers who might not be their favorite.

No comments about episode 3 yet?

Does this mean the CGC comics community is not watching?

I loved the latest episode.  It's must watch TV for me now.

I didn't understand that Ozymandias was in a prison (of Manhattan's design) until this episode.  I'm guessing Ozy is on Mars in a giant "Life Bubble" of some sort.  He rigged a space suit for one of the clones to test but it didn't work.  But Ozy is smart he's figuring something out.  Maybe his plan all along was to provoke Manhattan into making an appearance in front of him.

The Actress playing Silk Spectre was phenomenal.  So many easter eggs.  Another funny Blue Dong moment in this episode.

Can't wait for episode 4.

I wonder how many episodes before Manhattan shows up?

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Another funny Blue Dong moment in this episode.

Just watched the episode and missed that, what happened?  I watched it on my phone at lunch at work, and the sun was REALLY bright making it tough to see the screen at times.

1 hour ago, Frederic9494 said:

Jeremy Irons and Jean Smart are great!

Yes, they're carrying the show for me right now.  I enjoyed the episode mostly because they dominated the narrative for most of it.

I'm surprised, because I REALLY didn't like Jean Smart in Legion, but so far I'm loving her in this.

I noticed she called herself Laurie Blake.  Did she ever refer to herself with her father's last name Blake in the original series?  I thought her name was Juspeczyk, or Jupiter, throughout that series.

Edited by fantastic_four

18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Just watched the episode and missed that, what happened?  I watched it on my phone at lunch at work, and the sun was REALLY bright making it tough to see the screen at times.

When Laurie Blake (Silk Spectre) opens the suitcase towards the end of the episode, she pulls out and assembles a giant Blue Dingdong.  I guess she really misses Manhattan.

Jean Smart is a brilliant actress.

Edited by gadzukes

16 minutes ago, gadzukes said:
29 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

When Laurie Blake (Silk Spectre) opens the suitcase towards the end of the episode, she pulls out and assembles a giant Blue Dingdong.  I guess she really misses Manhattan.

Jean Smart is a brilliant actress.

Oh yea, I caught that.  Her having a blue vibrator seemed more bittersweet than funny, but yea, in retrospect it is a bit funny.

Had a bit of a hard time through the first 2 episodes, but the third definitely cranked up my interest.

Couple theories...

Spoiler

The politician that was almost kidnapped is definitely in with the 7th Calvary.

And I get the feeling that Adrian is just a lonely old man playing games. Don’t think he’ll be relevant to the main story at all...but it’s fun to watch.

13 hours ago, quadman78 said:

And I get the feeling that Adrian is just a lonely old man playing games. Don’t think he’ll be relevant to the main story at all...but it’s fun to watch.

So why would Manhattan keep him imprisoned at all?  Him bothering to do it implies Veidt is some sort of active threat to something.

Seemed at the end of Watchmen that Manhattan was done with humanity.  I can't guess why he'd care about anything Veidt could do.

Again, it’s not great it’s not bad it just is. It feels pretty boilerplate to me for the most part. Plots within plots shows tend to feel predictable that way no matter what even with this ones “shock value” and weird tech on display. I’ll keep following on though as I love the Jeremy Irons part, the only thing keeping my attention really.

On that subject, I bet AV is trapped in the Arctic in some artificial prison. That suit and the catapult device are his attempts to escape.

Edited by zhamlau