• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO eyes WATCHMEN for T.V. series.
3 3

311 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am curious to see how Wade/Mirror Guy pops back into the story in the Season Finale. He took one of the Cavalry masks in his bunker if I am not mistaken. I hope they show a flashback to how that shootout went down.

"You know it's Looking Glass!"

emotion01.gif.1fffcd1ed7a91fbe00dc743c9a57587b.gif

:baiting:

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Yes I know how it works just not why knowing the outcome of everything could prevent you from doing something different.  If he has no free will what's controlling what he does?  I can't conceive of such a concept, seems bizarre.

He moves in mysterious ways.

Edited by Comicopolis

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Yes I know how it works just not why knowing the outcome of everything could prevent you from doing something different.  If he has no free will what's controlling what he does?  I can't conceive of such a concept, seems bizarre.

Doctor Manhattan is aware that in the comic, Alan Moore is in control and he has no free will.  In the show, it's Lindelof.  Other characters think they have free will, but they are bound by what is written in the -script.  

Besides the Excalibur joke and Abar the First Black Superman movie, Cal's name could also stand for Calvinist which has beliefs in predestination.     

I read the Doctor Manhattan spoiler somewhere and couldn't believe it. I watched a bit of the most recent episode and it seemed ok. Kind of like the movie which I thought was good. I did see the movie before reading the comic though. After reading the comic, which I thought was ahead of its time, I still thought the movie was good. In many places just about frame for frame with the comic. And I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the comic as much as a kid anyway as I was into the true superhero comics.

Anyway, I decided to check the show out from the beginning and it's pretty good so far. I'm only a few episodes in but I might need a Hot Toys figure of Sister Night. I understand it's ending tonight. So I'll probably be caught up by next week.

Why was Jon stuck in that cage, exactly?  He's been shown creating physical objects many times before...he couldn't create objects and hurl them through the cage walls to shred them?  It didn't seem to inhibit his powers since he teleported people from within it, I assume it just kept him in.  But I don't get why he couldn't have reduced the cage to rubble.

A very detailed summary of all the plot points and mysteries throughout the short season.

Every Brain-Breaking Watchmen Question The Season 1 Finale Answered

We did it, Watchmen watchers. We got through the mind-bending first season of the HBO superhero epic. The world of Angela Abar (Regina King) is now upside-down following the events of season 1 finale, “See How They Fly”.

A lot went down in “Fly.” Let’s go through the jaw-dropping 67-minute episode and figure out all the big mysteries the season-ender solved while dazzling us with sci-fi intrigue and high family drama.

This was an interesting answer.

Spoiler

Was Judd Crawford ever truly friends with Angela? 

Hell no. Starting with second episode “Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship,” Watchmen tells us Judd Crawford (Don Johnson) — who was hiding a KKK hood in his closet — was likely connected to the white supremacist violence in Tulsa before his hanging. Senator Joe Keene (James Wolk) eventually claims Judd was the original local manager of Seventh Kavalry. Both Keene and Judd are members of Cyclops, a secret society-style white supremacist group that dates back to the Nazi era, if not earlier.   

In “Fly,” Keene explains the full story. The events of the White Night assault three years prior — where Seventh Kavalry members murdered all known officers of the Tulsa police force — tipped Cyclops off to the fact that Cal must be Dr. Manhattan in disguise. Cyclops then dispatched Judd and his wife Jane Crawford (Frances Fisher), ordering the couple to get close to the Abar family. This friendship was the foundation of Cyclops’ ultimate plan to destroy Dr. Manhattan and steal his powers for white supremacy. 

I wonder with the ending reveal if Topher Abar follows in mom's footsteps? It appeared like he reacted strongly to her uniform.

Dylan_Schombing.thumb.png.92153474b284913da019437c40e89ef4.png

Edited by Bosco685

Lube Man's identity may have been revealed. But not in the finale.

Spoiler

HBO's Watchmen site hints Lube Man's identity after finale

agentpetey01.JPG.ead989d1743ae38ba9c8d1f925939823.JPG

Peteypedia is written as a series of FBI reports by Agent Dale Petey — Dustin Ingram’s character who joined Agent Laurie Blake (Jean Smart) in her Tulsa investigation. The character was a fanboy of masked avengers and dropped off the map in the final arc of the season.

The final Peteypedia report is not written by Petey but rather a Deputy Director Farragut who announces Petey is no longer with the FBI and slams his previous “meandering, self-indulgent memos.” The final report notes that an inspection of Petey’s office found “a jug of what appears to be some kind of canola oil.” Furthermore, Petey “has now gone missing” and “is at risk for vigilante behavior.” A previous Petey entry had the agent writing of a “skin-tight silver suit shimmering with SPF-666,” a gel that prevents burns.

Edited by Bosco685

So the season pretty much answered my questions except for one. It's likely that I'm too thick-head to have a picked up on it, so someone please explain it:

When Lady Trieu buys the farm (pun intended?) from the couple, there is a meteor or spaceship (I don't even remember which it is anymore) that comes crashing onto the property that she claims is now hers. So is that UFO ever explained?

23 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

So the season pretty much answered my questions except for one. It's likely that I'm too thick-head to have a picked up on it, so someone please explain it:

When Lady Trieu buys the farm (pun intended?) from the couple, there is a meteor or spaceship (I don't even remember which it is anymore) that comes crashing onto the property that she claims is now hers. So is that UFO ever explained?

That was Veidt crashing back to earth.

30 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

They never said but you'd assume it was Veidt.  But I don't know why he would have crash landed in some semi-random location.

6 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

The thing that annoyed me was..

Hide contents

That  Ozyman could catch a bullet and get right back up but a redneck with a wrench could take him down (shrug)

He hit him from behind completely by surprise, didn't he?  Not sure how he would have avoided that.

34 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

They never said but you'd assume it was Veidt.  But I don't know why he would have crash landed in some semi-random location.

Hmm...good point. Just thinking about it.... It crashed in Tulsa after all where Dr. Manhattan's whereabouts were known and maybe Trieu needed open space/field for the ship to crash land. She already had cloned(?) a baby for the couple which would've taken time to do... so maybe not so random after all?