• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November 2015 Heritage Signature Auction Thread
1 1

630 posts in this topic

Just had a look at the preview for the first time, Gene said best in the last 3 years earlier in this thread, might have to extend that timeline, its been just a long time since I've seen a lineup like this at auction.

WOW 'O WOW

:insane:

Yeah, went through it this morning myself - tons of great stuff in this sale. The only auction in memory that rivals this one is the summer 2012 bonanza that had the McSpidey #1, ASM #328 and all those other Shamus Collection goodies, but, in any case, it's definitely better than all the auctions that have come since then. 2c

I haven't been this excited about an OA auction in a long time. This is by far the best selection of quality material I have seen in the last 3-5 years. I'm having trouble just trying to narrow down what 3-4 pages I want to grab or if I should try and focus on one nice piece. :ohnoez:

I haven't been this excited about an OA auction in a long time. This is by far the best selection of quality material I have seen in the last 3-5 years. I'm having trouble just trying to marrow down what 3-4 pages I want to grab or if I should try and focus on one nice piece. :ohnoez:

One nice page (assuming it isn't the same nice page I am pursuing). :banana:

I finally went through the entire OA auction preview. This auction certainly has the breadth and depth. Something for all collectors.

It certainly looks like several collectors were liquidating significant parts of their collections including Jim Lee.

Good luck to all.

Cheers!

N.

I think my favourite write-up, for a piece of art, was Mike Burkey's "first appearance of Devil Dinosaur, lol" for the cover art to the unpublished X-Men # 10 by Kirby and Stone. lol

Wheras Mike's having a joke with us, I imagine that Steve Donnelly (if he was offering the art) would claim it to be featuring, "a Devil Dinosaur protopye", and he'd mean it . . . hm

I think my favourite write-up, for a piece of art, was Mike Burkey's "first appearance of Devil Dinosaur, lol" for the cover art to the unpublished X-Men # 10 by Kirby and Stone. lol

Wheras Mike's have a joke with us, I imagine that Steve Donnelly (if he was offering the art) would claim it to be featuring, "a Devil Dinosaur protopye", and he'd mean it . . . hm

IIRC (it's been a week since I last looked) there are some Donnelly-"jobs" in this HA, same with ComicConnect upcoming. Pays to remember what things looked like the first time around, especially if they weren't at HA, which has searchable history!

So does anyone know the story of where all the early/big ASM art came from in the November auction? So much Romita goodness (3 pages from ASM 39!!!) plus a page from ASM 129 and a DITKO??

So does anyone know the story of where all the early/big ASM art came from in the November auction? So much Romita goodness (3 pages from ASM 39!!!) plus a page from ASM 129 and a DITKO??

From knowledgeable BSD collectors who are gettin' out while the gettin's good?