• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does CCS/pressing effect signatures?

6 posts in this topic

I have a TMNT #1 with both Eastman and Laird's signatures and the turtle head they often drew on their signatures. It's on the inside cover. Overall the comic is beautiful except for a wrinkly area on the back cover that seeimingly could be flattened out with a press.

Question: will this make runs in an ink signature/drawing? It was signed 30 years ago so I would think not but want to know from someone who has dealt with this before.

If done correctly it will not. Since this was not witnessed by a CGC representative, the book will receive a qualified label (or it could get a blue label and take the grade hit due to the signature).

If done correctly it will not. Since this was not witnessed by a CGC representative, the book will receive a qualified label (or it could get a blue label and take the grade hit due to the signature).

Joey, I think you are wrong. Signatures on the inside cover don't get a Qualified.

Joey, I think you are wrong. Signatures on the inside cover don't get a Qualified.

You are correct Bob. I did not read the initial post correctly. They used to be notated...are they doing that anymore?

You are correct Bob. I did not read the initial post correctly. They used to be notated...are they doing that anymore?

'

Yeah, interior unverified sigs are noted on the label. And will affect the grade (minimally).

Ok thanks. I didn't think so but would rather ask then find out the hard way.