• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight 3 - Big Reveal (Covers, Story and Deluxe Edition)!

344 posts in this topic

Where is everybody buying these? What websites are pretty dependable as far as shipping books intact etc.?

I'd like to find a one stop shop to order. My local Hastings is probably going to be sparse as far as variants go.

I feel this Andy Kubert cover for the New York Comic Con would make for a great variant cover or the main cover of one of the following issues. Simple, but classic and powerful. Evokes the edginess of Frank Miller's Dark Knight. I feel it is timeless and good sign of the type of art to expect. Hopefully DC which owns the rights to it, turns it into one of the issues covers.

Variants01.jpg

My rough adaptation of the NYCC program with a touch of the original DKR cover. My own variant cover.

image.jpeg

dk-banner-740x431@2x.jpg

Dark Knight Returns Prequel comes out in February. It is a continuation of the Dark Knight Returms. Written by Miller and Azzarello and illustrated by Romita Jr.

As well, here is a link to more panels from DK3.

Based upon what we have seen so far and a lot of people's opinions online, what is your take on how DK3 is going to be? Art work looks strong, but ultimately it comes down to the quality of the story.

image_zpsuhwmz974.jpeg

image_zps9kzlfljh.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I like the added credit to Bill Finger on the back cover. Since the same writing team is writing the story for DK3, what is your thoughts on what the story is going to be like in DK3? As well, Sinclair is doing the colours in DK3, he made the inks in the mini comic look awesome! I think it will look visually appealing.