• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2016 -- It's still Never too Early, October 6-9

351 posts in this topic

The floors at the Javits are unforgiving.

my feet and legs hurt more than they did from an equivalent amount of walking around on ancient stone streets in rome this summer with much worse footwear.

but then again, i wasn't lugging around 50 pounds of comics then. i would have probaby been shot to heck had i had the 50 pound 5 year old attached to my shoulders this summer, but i told him he is too big to do that to daddy anymore unless it's an emergency.

Here is my con report:

I showed up at 11:00 or so and walked right in. The line was about 2 minutes. People of "

will call" look like they might be waiting hours.

It was not terribly crowded and even by the end of the day the bathroom was not totally disgusting.

You sure you were at NYCC and not a trade show?

I guess I have a fairly low theshhold for what i find not totally disgusting given the horror show bathrooms I have been in over the years, but at least in the urinal area it was not bad. i did not try to sit on a krapper. i dread bringing the five year old this weekend because I KNOW he is going to decide he needs to make a #2 at some point. the more disgusting the toilets, the more urgent it will be.

although i think my passes may get us into the media/VIP area where maybe they may have a cleaner toilet, that place is really far from the con floor.

The bathrooms down in the autograph area were a breeze.

Now I'm on 34th heading from 12th toward 11th this is not like yesterday this is insane

This is the line for people who have their tickets in hand? Yesterday at this time you could just walk right in -- zero line if you had your ticket.

The Green entrance (at least yesterday) was on 11th b/w 39th and 38th. Other than less than 1 minute at the bag check, there was no line to get in. Although I saw a line on 34th but have no idea what that was for (will call maybe?)

The morning line was awful. Got there at 9:30 and did not get in till 11:15. It wrapped around the Javits twice and then some. I heard rumors that some people found a quick way in, but I did not see it without having an upper level badge. I was talking with Terry Dodson for a bit, and he said that he had forgotten some portfolios and left the building and it took him almost 45 minutes to get back in.

Walked right in the blue entrance at 3 this afternoon.

Artists Alley seems.... a bit... empty this year... and how come no Spencer... VERY disappointed not seeing Artist's Choice this year.

Artists Alley seems.... a bit... empty this year... and how come no Spencer... VERY disappointed not seeing Artist's Choice this year.

He's there, it's located near the ramp entrance.

He's there, it's located near the ramp entrance.

That's the Comic Artist Fund place ... that ramp area to artist alley where he was last year... is empty. Maybe he will set up? But I was looking for the giant booth of art and the rubbermaid bins of pages... and nada.

I asked another boardie and they said Spencer backed out at the last minute... Maybe we were both wrong. I will look again tomorrow.