• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DARK KNIGHT III VARIANT COVERS ... worth the $$?
1 1

263 posts in this topic

IMO, calling the cover lazy is silly. It's a fun concept and a totally transparent homage. It's not like Jock was hoping people wouldn't notice it's a swipe of the DKR2 cover lol

Exactly. I thought it was the best one of all the covers, actually.

To me the funny part here is this doh!

Swipe File: Tommy Lee Edwards’ Statue Collection

Perhaps one needs to be unoriginal to recognize it in others.

Or maybe he just lacks self awareness that he's looking at jocks piece through a glass house. . lol

IMO, calling the cover lazy is silly. It's a fun concept and a totally transparent homage. It's not like Jock was hoping people wouldn't notice it's a swipe of the DKR2 cover lol

So did Frank, he had us actually put our signing on hold last week so we could reach out to jock and see if he had sold it yet. 15 mins later we had to bring him the bad news that it was already tucked away into a collection.

So did Frank, he had us actually put our signing on hold last week so we could reach out to jock and see if he had sold it yet. 15 mins later we had to bring him the bad news that it was already tucked away into a collection.

:o Maybe a trade could be facilitated? Doesn't Frank still have all the Sin City art?

Tommy Lee Edwards not a fan of Jock's cover:

I liked Jock's cover a lot and yes, blatantly obvious what he was going for. I've met Tommy Lee Edwards many times at cons and he's a really nice and thoughtful guy and I was a bit surprised initially that he wrote something so scathing in public without understanding that what he criticized was totally intentional on Jock's part. Then I see that he did it privately.

I think the really shi##y thing about this is someone who Tommy Lee Edwards trusted in a private FB message would then go through the trouble to screenshot it and send it to Jock. What kind of trouble making piece of sh#t would do that? Whether you agree or not, TLE is entitled to his opinion especially in private.

I get Jock's point of view on this especially since I feel he's one of the most unique and compelling artists out there now. But why make it public? Why not write TLE privately and say, hey what's up with this? I understand why Jock was upset. Who wouldn't be? I just think he could have handled this better too.

Hey All - This is Mick Gray, 26 year veteran DC Comics inker. I have a Dark Knight 3 variant cover that I inked over my partner, Patrick Gleason. It has not been announced as of yet. But I'm thinking it will be used for the third issue of the series. It looks FANTASTIC, in my humble opinion, and I would like to get the word out that it will be available for purchase as soon as DC Comics solicits the book. It is a GREAT image of Batman and the Joker fighting. Please, if you are interested in getting more info on this cover art, contact me at... inkermick23@gmail.com. Thanx!

Just read this entire thread – good stuff. Glad to know these prices are likely inflated...That said!

If anyone has a line on who purchased the Dell'Otto cover and if they're willing to sell, I'd offer a bunch for it. One of my favourite covers ever, though was not for sale when I inquired.

BatmanTDK-DellOtto-1e783.jpg

Cheers.

9 hours ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

@Captain Canuck because nobody should be expecting to invest in books and see a return.

If you like the art then by all means please purchase. But not as an investment

Why not? People do it all the time.

It may be true that most people do not turn a profit most of the time, but I can guarantee you that some do some of the time.

I make a full-time living at it myself.

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Why not? People do it all the time.

It may be true that most people do not turn a profit most of the time, but I can guarantee you that some do some of the time.

I make a full-time living at it myself.

I was referring to the investing part.

No doubt you can make a profit by flipping. Just don't run up the credit cards in the process

1 hour ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

I was referring to the investing part.

No doubt you can make a profit by flipping. Just don't run up the credit cards in the process

Using credit isn't investing, it's speculating that margins will exceed cost of carry...no different than day trading out-sized positions on broker margin. Agree = high risk and rather dubious likelihood of long-term success.