• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official AntMan #2 Movie Thread - Antman & the Wasp July 6th 2018
4 4

193 posts in this topic

Marvel has announced four new movies, and some changes to its Phase 3 schedule.

This year's Ant-Man will be getting a sequel with Ant-Man and the Wasp on July 6, 2018. Both Scott Lang (played by Paul Rudd) and Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) are confirmed as reprising their role, and Marvel made it a point to say it's their first film with a female character named in the title.

This addition to its 2018 film slate means that Black Panther and Captain Marvel will be shifting around. Black Panther will now debut on February 16, 2018, and Captain Marvel is now scheduled for March 8, 2019.

Marvel is also adding three more movies to its Phase 3 plans, but minus any names or details. These unnamed movies are scheduled for May 1, 2020; July 10, 2020; and, November 6, 2020.

http://www.newsarama.com/26220-marvel-studios-schedules-ant-man-the-wasp-3-more-new-films.html

Here's the pre-announcement ordering, for those looking to see how it affects things:QxL5LAW.jpg

"Following our hero’s debut adventure in this summer’s “Ant-Man,” Scott Lang will return alongside Hope Van Dyne on July 6, 2018 with Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp.” The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.Additionally, Ant-Man’s second adventure will lead to a couple of other films shifting their dates, with Marvel’s “Black Panther” moving up to February 16, 2018 and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” landing on March 8, 2019.Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020."
Edited by CBT

I think Black Panther 2 is pretty much a lock for one of the three untitled, also Guardians 3,

in theory that last one could be Ant-man 3 as well, having no movie cross the 2 year threshold, and all trilogies accounted for.

Edited by CBT

I'm thinking the Netflix group jumps to the big screen

I thought that too, would be awesome, so would Planet Hulk. I think the Netflix group might get to appear in an Avengers movie, but I doubt they end up having a full film

My bets are on Guardians 3, Spider-Man 2 and a Netflix adaptation (either Iron Fist on his own or the Defenders).

Spider-man 2 is already known to be a Sony film, Marvel makes the first, and guides them after that to prevent screw ups.

Iron fist and the defenders have their own 13 hour seasons. A 2 hr movie for them doesnt make sense. Regardless of how successful they are, there are too many other properties not yet existing that they would go to, before doing a 1/6 the length version of what the Defenders will be.

These movies are definitely being add to help steer the films post infinity gauntlet. Black Panther 2 is guaranteed to happen, if for no other reason then it being a minority centric film. Just like they would never dare make Captain Marvel a one and done.

If Ant-man gets a second movie, it is "possible" they make him a trilogy, or possibly even Ant-man 3 is focused on the Wasp more, and he's a full time Avenger.

I think Guardians 3 and Black Panther 2 are mandatory, the last one, still open to debate.

November release dates for Marvel movies usually means a character/franchise that they wouldn't count on as a summer blockbuster so something along the lines of possibly Dr. Strange 2.

The May 1st is the big one. Maybe a Hulk movie with various Avengers characters with supporting roles?

Someone say Moon Knight and watch the speculator frenzy begin.

no chance, if he ever appears it will be on Netflix with the other Dark, street level type stuff.

No Cloak & Dagger love?

Didn't they get the rights back to Ghost Rider?

How about my old buddy The Man-Thing?

i love cloak and dagger, and bought all their books like 7 years ago on the rumors then, but I dont think you can find a place within the few movies they are doing, to drop a band new series like that, with no overlap to the scope and significance of whats already going on.

Ant-man is a core avenger, panther and danvers add diversity and are major players, cloak and dagger again are more street level, and really belong in the Netflix arena as the lines have been drawn. Same with Ghost Rider.

The May 1st is the big one. Maybe a Hulk movie with various Avengers characters with supporting roles?

If it's still a HULK titled movie, then they're back in the same boat with Paramount owning the Hulk solo movies (even if it has guest stars) distribution rights & essentially getting to split the take with Marvel for basically doing no work. And once again, if Marvel is going to split money with a different studio, it happens for Spider-Man or Wolverine only. And even then, it's not happening much.

So unless Marvel has come up with a way to make a HULK movie that'll make so much money that total box office minus distribution take is greater than total box office plus distribution take for any other movie, a HULK movie ain't happening until Paramount loses their grip on Hulk distribution rights.

My bets are on Guardians 3, Spider-Man 2 and a Netflix adaptation (either Iron Fist on his own or the Defenders).

Well, if Iron Fist already has his own show coming out and there are ongoing rumours about Luke Cage, how about Shang Chi, the Master of King Fu? Always loved this comic book series over the other two, but of course, that could also be due in large part to the stylistic artwork of Gulacy and the likes. :cloud9:

I am sure that Marvel should be able to do up a decent movie version of Shang Chi, if the following fan-made movie trailer is any indication:

Very dark and almost Bruce Lee like. (thumbs u