• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official AntMan #2 Movie Thread - Antman & the Wasp July 6th 2018
4 4

193 posts in this topic

K-Dog plot summary: We find out that Howard Stark actually stole the Ultron program from Pym. Being aware of this, Ultron becomes obsessed with Hope. Jocasta is created in her image.

Edited by kdoginohio

'Ant-Man' Director Peyton Reed in Negotiations to Return for Sequel (Exclusive)

Marvel Studios is getting busy with its deal-making.

Less than two weeks after dating a slew of movies including an Ant-Man sequel for 2018, the studio is in negotiations with Peyton Reed to return as director of Ant-Man and the Wasp.

It marks one of the first deals surrounding Marvel’s recently dated movies. In addition to Ant-Man and the Wasp, those films include Black Panther — which moved up from July 6, 2018, to a Feb. 16, 2018 — and Captain Marvel, which was pushed out from Nov. 2, 2018, to March 8, 2019. The studio also scheduled three untitled movies for 2020.

Ant-Man & The Wasp: Peyton Reed Teases Things ‘Never Seen in a Movie Before’

Speaking on the”blue carpet” rolled out for the Civil War premiere (hat tip to Coming Soon), Ant-Man franchise helmer Peyton Reed was asked what was in store for the follow-up. The director offered some big teases for fans of the small hero (and his equally-diminutive partner):

“We’re hard at work writing the movie right now. So we’ve been holed up in a room, Paul Rudd, myself, Adam McKay, Gabriel Ferrari, and Andrew Barrer, who are our writers. So we’re all brainstorming the story. I think the only thing I can tell you with certainty at this point, because we’re still about two years away from the movie coming out, is that it’s going to have stuff in it that you’ve never ever seen in a movie before.”

Yes!

Is Sharon Stone Playing the Original Wasp in Ant-Man 2?

Last month, actress Sharon Stone dropped quite the big bombshell on CBS' The Late Late Show with James Corden, revealing that she has in fact signed on for a small role in an upcoming, yet unidentified Marvel movie. She said on the late night talk show that she couldn't speak about her character, due to confidentiality agreements, but now the actress has dropped another big hint about her role. We still don't know what movie she's appearing in, but these new details may hint that she's joining Ant-Man and the Wasp.

The 58-year-old actress was recently part of a profile piece by AARP, along with Alfre Woodard and Jane Fonda. While the piece largely centers on how these actresses are still going strong into their twilight years, they did reveal one tidbit about Sharon Stone's mysterious Marvel character. Here's an excerpt from that article below.

"Woodard and Stone are about to become very familiar to the highly sought-after comic book film crowd: Woodard's character is a villain in Marvel's anticipated Netflix series Luke Cage; Stone has been cast as a superhero - she'll only reveal that her secret power is heat - in a yet-to-be-named movie, also for Marvel."

First Robert Redford in Cap2. Then Michael Douglas in Ant-Man. Now Sharon Stone. No matter the age or portfolio, stars are lining up.

:whee:

Yes!

Is Sharon Stone Playing the Original Wasp in Ant-Man 2?

Last month, actress Sharon Stone dropped quite the big bombshell on CBS' The Late Late Show with James Corden, revealing that she has in fact signed on for a small role in an upcoming, yet unidentified Marvel movie. She said on the late night talk show that she couldn't speak about her character, due to confidentiality agreements, but now the actress has dropped another big hint about her role. We still don't know what movie she's appearing in, but these new details may hint that she's joining Ant-Man and the Wasp.

The 58-year-old actress was recently part of a profile piece by AARP, along with Alfre Woodard and Jane Fonda. While the piece largely centers on how these actresses are still going strong into their twilight years, they did reveal one tidbit about Sharon Stone's mysterious Marvel character. Here's an excerpt from that article below.

"Woodard and Stone are about to become very familiar to the highly sought-after comic book film crowd: Woodard's character is a villain in Marvel's anticipated Netflix series Luke Cage; Stone has been cast as a superhero - she'll only reveal that her secret power is heat - in a yet-to-be-named movie, also for Marvel."

First Robert Redford in Cap2. Then Michael Douglas in Ant-Man. Now Sharon Stone. No matter the age or portfolio, stars are lining up.

It says her superpower is heat, so she won't be playing the Wasp. I can actually see her in the role of Captain Marvel, but I know that won't happen. I heard that her role is small & I think there's a good chance she'll be Abigail Brand, the head of S.W.O.R.D. (Sentient World Observation and Response Department).

Peyton Reed Says Wasp Is Not A Supporting Character In Ant-Man And The Wasp

The Director wants to make sure people understand that while Rudd is back in the popular role, it is as much about Evangeline Lilly's The Wasp as it is Ant-Man (via Modern Myth Media).

"It’s something we’re excited about. For me as a comic nerd, I always thought of Ant-Man and Wasp as a team and that’s a lot of what the second movie is really about is how they work together, what their personal and professional relationships are like. To show her finally fully formed in this movie is really exciting. We really get to introduce this character into that universe. I mean we’ve introduced the character, but we haven’t seen her with her full power set and everything, so to me she’s not a supporting character in this movie. It’s every bit as much her movie as it is Scott Lang’s."

As to where the duo finds themselves, that's a little tricky, but Reed and company already have a plan in place. Civil War does factor into the plot, but it isn't that different than the previous film.

"Well he’s a fugitive in most of the first Ant-Man movie. He’s just a bigger fugitive now. I think that’s one of the fun things and challenges about the Marvel movies for us, for the directors and for the writers, is you do have to sort of consider what happened in the previous movies in terms of your jumping-off point for those characters. It’s something we talked a lot about early on and we definitely have stuff figured out, so there will be some big leaps forward."

Michael Pena Back For Ant-Man 2

Joining Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly in returning for the sequel, Michael Pena will be back for Ant-Man and the Wasp.

THR reports Michael Pena will star in the horror thriller, The Bringing, with their report mentioning Pena will be back for Ant-Man 2 set to film next year.

His character definitely helped flesh out the funny moments more.

Antman was on TV tonight (starz I think) so I decided to watch it.

It was SO enjoyable.

I liked it when it came out, but I don't think I loved it. But it was so much fun to watch it again. What a great movie!

i just re-watched Antman and GOTG. Both were as good as i remembered them being when they came out.