• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official AntMan #2 Movie Thread - Antman & the Wasp July 6th 2018
4 4

193 posts in this topic

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Set To Begin Shooting In July As Michael Douglas Confirms His Return As Hank Pym

6LgCnlT.jpg

Michael Douglas has now officially confirmed that he's set to reprise the role of Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man and The Wasp. Though we all pretty much assumed he'd be back anyway, it was far from a forgone conclusion as Douglas actually only signed on for one movie originally.

As Scott Lang's mentor, Pym was one of the many highlights of the first movie, so this is terrific news. The Academy Award-winning actor will rejoin Paul Rudd as the diminutive superhero of the title, and Evangeline Lilly, who will have an expanded role as Hope Van Dyne.

Ant-Man And The Wasp Holding Casting Call In Atlanta

The project, which is code-named "Cherry Blue", is holding a casting call for the movie in Atlanta, Georgia. The notice (via ProjectCasting) calls for a large selection of background roles as well as plenty of stand-in and photo double roles up for grabs. Details for the film have been scarce, but the good news is that the film will feature as much Wasp as it does Ant-Man. Fans are excited to see Evangeline Lilly don a costume this go round, and there has been mention of another appearance by his Giant Man form as well. You can view the entire casting call below.

------------------

*** NEW HUGE PROJECT – CHERRY BLUE***

We are beginning PREP shortly on Marvel’s next big film, “Cherry Blue”!

A large portion of the background roles will be hand selected by the Directors, plus there will be many stand-in and photo double roles as well. You MUST be registered in our database to be seen and selected. You are ALREADY registered if you have attended an open call or a registration session in our office.However, if it was in the year 2016 we highly encourage you to update your photo so we have your most current look to submit to production!

If you haven’t registered with Central Casting yet, do so NOW in our office! It’s always free to do and all of our registration info can be found below or at CentralCasting.com.

We register twice a day Monday-Friday. First session at 10am and the second session at 2pm every weekday.

235 Peachtree St NE
Suite #217
Atlanta, GA 30303
{2nd Floor above CVS and a half block down from Hard Rock Cafe}

Plenty of parking options throughout downtown or take MARTA to the Peachtree Center stop.

------------------

Wow! A solid actor all-around.

Walton Goggins Joins Ant-Man And The Wasp Cast

9ZEO8UJ.jpg

Ant-Man and The Wasp has added a new cast member to its already impressive line-up, with The Hateful Eight and Django Unchained star Walton Goggins joining the bunch in Atlanta.

No details regarding Goggins' role in the film have surfaced just yet but Marvel Studios is slated to have a two-hour showcase of its upcoming films on Saturday at San Diego Comic Con, where it is a safe bet that Goggins' role will be announced by the studio. Most recently, Goggins played a key role in the upcoming Tomb Raider film, opposite Alicia Vikander.

Goggins tells ComicBook.com he has been a longtime fan of super heroes, making it difficult to choose a favorite. However, while speaking in an interview ahead of The Hateful Eight's release, it didn't sound like an Ant-Man role was on the actor's radar.

"I suppose Batman was high up on the list for me," Goggins said. "My mother-in-law actually sewed a homemade Batman costume for me. I still remember that as kind of being ... but I had never felt that invincible before, and second to that, I really dug Flash Gordon. Sam Jones, man. Flash Gordon, man, and I just left there wanting that f---ing thing he had. I thought he was so cool. Yeah, probably him. Sam Jones, dude, that's funny. I mean everybody can have Superman and Batman, I'll take Flash Gordon."

Which Marvel Character Is Walton Goggins Playing?

We fully expect that Goggins' character (and much more about Ant-Man and the Wasp) will be revealed during San Diego Comic-Con this week; but before that, we have a few guesses as to which iconic Marvel Comics characters Goggins could portray onscreen.

Here's Who Walton Goggins Might Be Playing In Ant-Man and the Wasp.

• Eric O'Grady / Black Ant

black-ant-eric-ogrady-1010756.jpg

• Taskmaster

taskmaster-mcu-1010757.jpg

• Crossfire

crossfire-marvel-cinematic-universe-1010

Taskmaster. :wishluck:

Wow! Solid casting.

Marvel Offers First Look at ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’, Announces Cast at SDCC

- Michelle Pfeiffer (Janet van Dyne)

- Michael Douglas ( Henry Pym)

- Laurence Fishburne (Dr. Bill Foster - Goliath)

- Hannah John-Kamen (The Ghost)

- Walton Goggins (Sonny Burch - Cross Technologies)

- Randall Park (Agent Jimmy Woo)

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Is Being Described As Marvel's First "Romantic Comedy"

antmanheader.jpg

Reports from the Russian film event, Kinorynok, reveal that the upcoming Ant-Man and the Wasp may be Marvel Studios' first romantic-comedy, based on the promotional material they were shown. 2015's Ant-Man was a light-hearted film with many parts of humor and it also gave small teases of Scott's romance with Hope. Ant-Man and the Wasp will continue this path, but turn it into a whole sub-genre.

Both actors Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly have starred in romantic-comedies before and director Peyton Reed is very familiar with the genre as well. So, in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't seem like a bad idea, but some fans may not be ready for this change. 

Scott Lang And Hope Van Dyne Suit Up In This Amazing New ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Image

ant-man-and-the-wasp-evangeline-lilly-pa

Disney has released a brand new image from Ant-Man and The Wasp and it puts the spotlight on the titular heroes. This is the first time we've seen them together outside of concept art and they look great together! Based on the movie's title, we'll see a lot of these two working together in this adventure as they look to bring Hope's mother Janet back from the mysterious Quantum Realm. 

Beyond that, it doesn't reveal much beyond the fact they're standing in a laboratory together! Could this be the new Cross Industries or has Hank Pym upgraded his base of operations?