• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few pics from NYCC

159 posts in this topic

Great pics Ankur! Thanks! We non attendees need to see more!

Who's table has the silver age Superboy, Superman, Jimmy Olsen covers; the Anderson Hawkman cover; the JLA "weapons attack" cover; and the World's Finest cover (Joker in jail)?

Any prices on these?

Who's table has the silver age Superboy, Superman, Jimmy Olsen covers; the Anderson Hawkman cover; the JLA "weapons attack" cover; and the World's Finest cover (Joker in jail)?

Any prices on these?

All Bechara's. I asked him a price on one piece. Still recovering from that.

Any prices on these?

All Bechara's. I asked him a price on one piece. Still recovering from that.

Which one and how much?

That What IF issue 1 cover was for sale by a dealer on the back wall at the Motor City Comic Con back in 1989. It was framed and sitting on a chair and I spent all day coming back to it. I believe the guy wanted like 600 bucks...and as a wily 12 year old I kept thinking "wow that's cool, but man talk about over priced."

I still think about that from time.

Anyone get pics of other booths? I missed Mike Burkey's but he had some great art as well. The highlight was the Spectacular Spiderman 2 cover by Romita which I believe sold at the show.

there is some AMAZING OA at NYCC this year -- lots of great stuff that I've never seen before. Becharra's setup is loaded with stuff that I'm sure is way out of my price range, but damn is it nice to look at. Mike Burkey had his usual superb load of art .. Will has a boatload of awesome Bronze Age covers & a couple Silver Age pieces that are MIND-BLOWING. I'll take pix tomorrow if I get a break from interviews.

He means the pen & ink version (the published cover was the painted version) of the Spectacular Spider-Man #2 magazine cover featuring Spidey vs. the Goblin.

I didn't realize that it had sold; it sounded to me like it was still available from what some people were saying this evening at the Illustration House get-together. Can somebody confirm this one way or another?