• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link's Fall Auction - November 12, 2015

262 posts in this topic

15,438 for the Heck widow page!

I know the 1st place for losers positioned bidder as the runner up on this one. I was in the same room as the auction was closing.

It was $7k leading into the last minute then he dropped a $15,188 bid on it with a few seconds left, only to be notified he was outbid and no time to put down another bid.

I speculate the winning bidder was willing to go deeper, so even if he were able to put down a bid for $16k or even $18k, I think he would have been outbid.

I am curious if the high bidder is here on the boards, just how high he would have gone 'tho.

It's a really nice page.

I was thinking 7500 max, I was surprised when it shot up that much at the end....I'm curious how high he would have gone as well

Kirby SS #18 Inhumans page $21,305 :busy:

The Ron Lim SS page with all Thanos panels ended at $2,675.

MMMmmm...Lim or Kirby. I wasn't actually that into this Lim page, as much as I love him.

Avengers 39 splash from eBay 15k to "somebody" on CAF for $35k to CLink for $12.5k heh heh. Not every bet pays off :)

Wow, I didn't know the back story on this one. And here I was thinking that it was nice to see Heck getting some love. I thought $12k was strong for a Heck splash.

Sounds like someone was betting on Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/wasp action from the movie appearances.

Oops is right.

Ended: Aug 23, 2015 , 12:49PM

Winning bid: US $15,431.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-art-Avengers-39-SPLASH-page-Don-Heck-George-Bell-Marvel-Comics-1966-/161793350050?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=u6BVfzYwt28AvkVpDU%252FZzOkZ25k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Okay - hold on. That is the winning eBay bid and we now know the winning bid in the Clink auction tonight. You're saying that right after the August 2015 eBay auction someone in the CAF community paid more than double what it went for in a public auction...and then decided to put it in another public auction ~ 3 months later under the bet that they were going to make MORE money on the same piece? That makes absolutely no sense. I'm not sure who 'somebody' is...but you have to have confused some information along the way in piecing your original string of values together. Unless you personally know the 'somebody'?

The Ron Lim SS page with all Thanos panels ended at $2,675. :popcorn:

Crazy!

Not as crazy as $5.8k for the IG page with a small shot of Thanos' mug!

:acclaim:

As someone who was lucky enough to have a great Perez IG page back when prices were more reasonable I am very pleased :)

Malvin

The Ron Lim SS page with all Thanos panels ended at $2,675. :popcorn:

Crazy!

Not as crazy as $5.8k for the IG page with a small shot of Thanos' mug!

:acclaim:

As someone who was lucky enough to have a great Perez IG page back when prices were more reasonable I am very pleased :)

Malvin

(thumbs u

3500 for late 60s Kirby Thor vs wrecker battle page.....cheap!

If Thor wasn't a transparent/ghosted, it would've gone much much higher.

I like that about it, but you're probably right although recently I've been seeing a few Kamandi, 2001, and eternals getting close to that price in recent auctions, I would have thought at least 4500.00

Any thoughts on the Iron Man 55 page drawing 15K? I was second runner-up in the bidding and was not even close to the final price

I wanted to make a run for it, but didn't bid once it went over 10k. I really like that page! Not too surprised that it went that high…I thought the HA pages went a little on the low side.