• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Day - Godzilla Cover by Kevin Maguire and Art Adams

8 posts in this topic

We need more books like the Wolverine/Havok Meltdown mini where 2 artists on top of their game, and with differing styles work to tell a single story. Here we could have Adams doing Godzilla, and then Maguire doing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trying to take him down before he eats all the pizza in NYC.

And yes, great piece Malvin!

We need more books like the Wolverine/Havok Meltdown mini where 2 artists on top of their game, and with differing styles work to tell a single story. Here we could have Adams doing Godzilla, and then Maguire doing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trying to take him down before he eats all the pizza in NYC.

And yes, great piece Malvin!

When I started reading your reply, I was like "Wolverine/Havok Meltdown" what has that to do with my piece, then I clued in.

It's definitley an odd combination (Maguire and Adams, not Williams and Muth) since Maguire's style can be classified as "clean" while Art Adams is "detailed". It's more Adams than Maguire (maybe I should take a closer look at Godzilla's face) but that's expected when an inker is "strong"

Malvin