• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,421 posts in this topic

Was putting my Straight Arrow bound volume away and found these. Two volumes of Crime and Punishment. I got the first one (#1-9) from a friend on the east coast who found it at a lawyer's estate sale. Several years later, I got the next volume (10-21) at the Chicago con. Weird how these two bound volumes exist independent of each other. Man, these are fun!

Volume #1

bvcrime&punishmentA1.jpg

bvcrime&punishmentA2.jpg

bvcrime&punishmentA3.jpg

bvcrime&punishmentA4.jpg

bvcrime&punishmentA5.jpg

bvcrime&punishmentA6.jpg

bvcrime&punishmentA7.jpg

bvcrime&punishmentA8.jpg

bvcrime&punishmentA9.jpg

6 minutes ago, Casablanca said:

Gleason didn't mess around. Some brutal covers. There is that one cover where they're trying to kidnap a kid by offering her ice-cream...completely creepy!

CDNP44.jpg

CDNP50.jpg

CDNP52.jpg

Crime is still affordable for the most part and some nice choices :headbang:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

comfightingyank18.jpg

Right in the neck. "Take that, masked man with bad teeth". Hope he doesn't drop the baby. I say baby, she's pretty big. And has a steely grip on Mr Bunny there. Kept hold of him all the way down the ladder.

He's got a nice suit hasn't he, The Fighting Yank. Mr Bunny doesn't look too shabby either.

A recent crime comic addition to my collection. I just need issue #3 to complete the run. Just in trying to put together this 8 issue series I have an appreciation for how hard it is to find some Atlas books in anything other than low grade. My criteria has been VG+ to VF- and midgrade copies seem as elusive as you'd expect high grade to be. 

Rocky Jorden is no Johnny Dynamite, the best of the pre-code private eyes, but these are a fun read. I'm not sure if I'd hire the guy, his clients seem to wind up dead, and then he goes about solving the crime. He tends to rack up his own body count as well, but the local cops seem to take him at his word it was self-defense every time. Like most of his contemporaries he's got an faithful and attractive secretary who doesn't seem to mind that he's often late with the paycheck, and is the only dame around who doesn't try to kill him at some point after kissing him. 

privateeye006.thumb.jpg.1dae1ec17b9e984cf7382125dfa80e62.jpg