• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,421 posts in this topic

Definitely not as cool as the killer clowns but a compelling cover none the less

edit: Woah! I pulled this out of it's bag to photo and post it, then took the dogs on a walk.  Got home, open the door and the whole house reeks!  This book smells like ammonia and rotten cardboard!  Never had a book smell like this!  Looks great though.... gonna hose it down with some lysol.  

image.jpg

Edited by Black Bat

On 6/4/2020 at 3:36 PM, Robot Man said:

A new upgrade for the Crime boxes today. This is maybe one of my favorite of many CDNP books.

Just sooooo creepy...

comcrimedoesnotpay48.jpg

Gorgeous book.  I lost out on a copy a few months ago and still wish I went harder for it :(

7 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Definitely not as cool as the killer clowns but a compelling cover none the less

edit: Woah! I pulled this out of it's bag to photo and post it, then took the dogs on a walk.  Got home, open the door and the whole house reeks!  This book smells like ammonia and rotten cardboard!  Never had a book smell like this!  Looks great though.... gonna hose it down with some lysol.  

image.jpg

At least it looks nice! 

35 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

A friend and I were taking last weekend about crime and PCH books.  We noticed that a lot of the covers feature a blonde woman in a red dress on the cover.  I wonder why that became a thing. 

Red can symbolize either danger or attraction. I suppose the blonde is inspired by movie stars like Marilyn Monroe.

Edited by Electricmastro

And this kind off off my radar book. One of those short run Ziff Davis titles that always started with #10. 

Great Saunders painted covers with Stalin on the cover, lots of Hitler covers but very few that featured this guy. 

This might be the glossiest cover on any book in my entire collection. 

DB0E1DA8-C539-46AE-8C89-C234F8AAAF18.jpeg