• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,426 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mailman brought me one of my favorite crime covers today! I've upgraded it a couple times but this is tied with one other for the highest. Guess my quest is done!

comcaseycrimephotographer2.jpg

A nifty crime clown cover like that would almost be enough for me to break the no photo-cover rule for crime books in my collection.

Browsed through Orbit-Wanted’s Wanted Comics and it stood out to me how surreal it would get, more so than the average crime comic:

John Giunta (Wanted Comics #10, November 1947):

JcgujoK.jpg

Mort Leav (Wanted Comics #13, May 1948):

qxqnstr.jpg

Maurice Del Bourgo (Wanted Comics #15, September 1948):

hjZ0oQm.jpg

John Forte (Wanted Comics #22, September 1949):

RjrgnAD.jpg

Art Cappello (Wanted Comics #37, May 1951):

l66Ie7Y.jpg

Charles Miller (Wanted Comics #40, August 1951):

q5wpzEb.jpg

John Buscema (Wanted Comics #50, October 1952):

xQmF0vs.jpg

Harry Anderson (Wanted Comics #52, February 1953):

t79cPz7.jpg

21 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Is there any working theory on who the artist for the cover of Gangsters Can't Win 3 is? I see this issue go way above guide when it sells and I really like the cover but I can't place the girl by her face...

Known cover artists include Ken Battefield, Paul Reinman, Bob Jenney, and Ellis Chambers, so maybe one of them?

35 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A pair of skeleton buddies. I couldn’t figure if this was a crime book or a horror book so I got two...(shrug)

A1003807-59DD-4F86-A511-CC0F1E5EC05F.jpeg

I love this cover, but always thought of how cool it would be to see Death through the windshield from the driver's POV, sort of like the Ken Shannon zombie cover.