• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,426 posts in this topic

I'm sure several here have put together some nice complete runs on some of these titles. I was thinking of attempting this myself, but wanted to know which runs are considered the most rare, or most difficult to complete. I was thinking of attempting a "Crime Does Not Pay" run, but thought about attempting one of the smaller series first. Some of these titles only have a few books in them anyways, but sometimes those are the most difficult to complete due to obscurity. Thoughts? Experiences?

On 4/24/2021 at 9:54 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Does anyone know where I might find an Excel checklist for CDNP or crime comics in general??

This book is the only one devoted to the topic:

https://www.amazon.com/Crime-Comics-Illustrated-History-HISTORY/dp/0878338144/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mike+benton+crime+comics&qid=1619729169&sr=8-1

5 hours ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

I'm sure several here have put together some nice complete runs on some of these titles. I was thinking of attempting this myself, but wanted to know which runs are considered the most rare, or most difficult to complete. I was thinking of attempting a "Crime Does Not Pay" run, but thought about attempting one of the smaller series first. Some of these titles only have a few books in them anyways, but sometimes those are the most difficult to complete due to obscurity. Thoughts? Experiences?

Crime Does Not pay is doable except for the first few issues but a long run. I have several short runs complete. One of my favorites is this one. Had it a long time. Would be pretty costly to duplicate it now. 

comfightagainstcrimerun.jpg