• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,426 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

This one was a "steal" on ebay...sorry you guys missed it...:baiting:  There aren't too many Big Town covers I like, but this one just grabbed my attention...

42804771614_d2f7588b2e_c.jpg

You probably got it cheap because you are only one of only a few people who would want it. I get that happen to me all the time because my interests are way more far reaching than most other collectors. 

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

You probably got it cheap because you are only one of only a few people who would want it. I get that happen to me all the time because my interests are way more far reaching than most other collectors. 

I really do appreciate the fact that most collectors are asleep when it comes to DC crime... :D  Just think, when and if they ever wake up we will be zillionaires...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

21 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I really do appreciate the fact that most collectors are asleep when it comes to DC crime... :D  Just think, when and if they ever wake up we will be zillionaires...

More you than me. I don't have many. They are a little "tame" for me. Other than the ones with big covers, crime still is pretty much under the radar.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

More you than me. I don't have many. They are a little "tame" for me. Other than the ones with big covers, crime still is pretty much under the radar.

And you just keep a-thinkin' that way.  Good reason why most of the ones I've collected of the genre were under 10 bucks, including this one;

Mr District Attorney 31.jpg

1 hour ago, fifties said:

And you just keep a-thinkin' that way.  Good reason why most of the ones I've collected of the genre were under 10 bucks, including this one;

Mr District Attorney 31.jpg

I said "most". That one is an exception to the rule. My favorite cover of the run and I actually have a pretty nice copy of it. And, I had to pay a little more than a 10 spot for mine. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 4:39 PM, Robot Man said:

I looked and couldn't find a thread dedicated to these underlooked books. I thought maybe us criminals needed a thread for our selves and let the long underwear crowd have their thread back. Here are the ones I posted there plus a few more gems. Show 'em if you got 'em!

comdownwithcrimecgc_zps7fxha0ox.jpg

No art comment for this gorgeous cover?  :whatthe:

On 7/26/2018 at 2:54 AM, The Lions Den said:

L B Cole does it again...fantastic. 

i was lucky to get a couple of great Baker romance covers before the prices went sky high , but i have yet to get any LB Cole covers and now

they are going sky high too.......

On 7/26/2018 at 7:52 AM, The Lions Den said:

No art comment for this gorgeous cover?  :whatthe:

Get em up doll! I'm sorry for turning the place over, but it was Han Solo's fault...He lost me my spy job after that kid and droids escaped.

Great covers I'm really impressed.:golfclap: 

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

great cover ! but why is he wearing a gas mask ,... as a war comics collector and war historian , i know those things were really hard to breath out of and see out of lol 

I guess it's a pretty effective disguise...but so's a bandana...   lol 

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i was lucky to get a couple of great Baker romance covers before the prices went sky high , but i have yet to get any LB Cole covers and now

they are going sky high too.......

I can understand why...it's incredible work!

Edited by The Lions Den
Additional info added