• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,426 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, fifties said:

I dunno, nothing really spectacular about the cover art.  Are you trying to complete a run, is it a good reader, or what's the incentive?

Always wanted to add a crime comic to my collection, It's rare with only one on the census, and I do have 15 in store credit with him. Then again, there are other books of his that are much higher up the wishlist hm

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

On 8/20/2018 at 9:37 PM, creaturefan95 said:

Always wanted to add a crime comic to my collection, It's rare with only one on the census, and I do have 15 in store credit with him. Then again, there are other books of his that are much higher up the wishlist hm

I'm not into slabbed books so not that familiar with the census, but it seems to me that a crime comic with a relatively tame cover wouldn't be much of a candidate for the expense of professional grading, so really no surprise on its dearth with CGC.  Prolly go by Overstreet on this one.

I would suggest for the added crime comic, go with an Authentic Police Cases with a Baker cover, a Crime Does Not Pay with one of the more violent covers (and there are plenty of them), or if you really want to spend the bucks, an issue of True Crime.  In between there are a plethora of other titles that you can get on eBay for as little as 10 bucks or so.

Edited by fifties

Just now, fifties said:

I'm not into slabbed books so not that familiar with the census, but it seems to me that a crime comic with a relatively tame cover wouldn't be much of a candidate for the expense of professional grading, so really no surprise on its dearth with CGC.  Prolly go by Overstreet on this one.

Nor am I! Have you ever seen me post a graded comic? He is one of those sellers who doesn't use OSPG for GA.

1 minute ago, creaturefan95 said:

Nor am I! Have you ever seen me post a graded comic? He is one of those sellers who doesn't use OSPG for GA.

Haha, really didn't mean to get your dander up!  He can price however he wants, but you might offer based on the OSPG, was what I meant.

6 minutes ago, fifties said:

Haha, really didn't mean to get your dander up!  He can price however he wants, but you might offer based on the OSPG, was what I meant.

@creaturefan95$45 for a $25 book?  I would say no...the cover is tame...but if you really want one Jim Payette has a 2.0 (probably better graded than your local dealer) for $15.  buy it from Jim...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

Just now, fifties said:

No, you didn't make me lose my temper. Perhaps the exclamation point was a poor choice of punctuation and I have worked out deals with this guy before :foryou:

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

Just now, Tri-ColorBrian said:

$45 for a $21 book?  I would say no...the cover is tame...but if you really want one Jim Payette has a 2.0 (probably better graded than your local dealer) for $15.  buy it from Jim...

+1 on Jim; been buying from him for years. I always ask for a scan first, however.