• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"This is a comic book that I purchased a from a man a few years ago"

13 posts in this topic

Haven't seen this posted in the GA section, so I thought I'd post it for laughs - yet another "genuine" Action 1 auction (in NM!!). Only a few minutes left, but there has been one bidder, who I'm positive is not a shill and I won't hear otherwise.

Particularly funny is the blurb (where I got the thread title......)

This is a comic book that I purchased a from a man a few years ago. I have also been told this comic is a great comic to own,but the starting price is what it is worth to me and family.It was in a plastic holder and has never been removed. It is in perfect condition, has no color fades, bends, or tares.The date on the cover reads 1938 and is the only date as you can see in the picture, but I have not removed it from the plastic.This comic has became very important to my family and myself, but it's time to pass it on to another collector. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.Other pictures will be furnished if you email me.

Linky......

Well, since he said "I'll report nonpaying bidders to Ebay", does that mean he's report himself? insane.gif

27_laughing.gif The blurb makes little or no sense, and the reprint looks unread. This auction almost redefines stupidity.

you have a moral obligation to tell that bidder that the book is a reprint. go forth and do thy duty

Thankfully no real bidders have been, or will likely, be fooled. What's interesting is that these sort of auctions are now becoming so commonplace that this one almost evaded our radar........

Haven't seen this posted in the GA section, so I thought I'd post it for laughs - yet another "genuine" Action 1 auction (in NM!!). Only a few minutes left, but there has been one bidder, who I'm positive is not a shill and I won't hear otherwise.

Particularly funny is the blurb (where I got the thread title......)

This is a comic book that I purchased a from a man a few years ago. I have also been told this comic is a great comic to own,but the starting price is what it is worth to me and family.It was in a plastic holder and has never been removed. It is in perfect condition, has no color fades, bends, or tares.The date on the cover reads 1938 and is the only date as you can see in the picture, but I have not removed it from the plastic.This comic has became very important to my family and myself, but it's time to pass it on to another collector. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.Other pictures will be furnished if you email me.

Linky......

893whatthe.gif THE MILE HI ACTION #1 HAS SURFACED!!!

you have a moral obligation to tell that bidder that the book is a reprint. go forth and do thy duty

How do we identify reprints?

rocks are missing?

rocks are missing?

Yes, rocks are missing, and the reflection on the fender is missing.

rocks are missing?

Didnt know about the fender..

KEWL

rocks are missing?

Didnt know about the fender..

KEWL

The beads of sweat are missing off the man in the foreground. The running board on the car is also green on the repro, yellow on the original.