• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

175k OA Sale

31 posts in this topic

Right, and for 25k it's not a bad deal compared to what I see other millers go for. But, its still basically a recreation 15 years after the fact so the price disparity is definitely justified IMO.

“This is the definitive Dark Knight piece,” asserts gallery curator Rob Pistella, of the 15″ x 23″ illustration.

“More important, it’s the definitive Frank Miller piece. It’s everything that Frank’s immeasurable contribution to the art form represents, captured in one iconic image.”

Metropolis really gave someone the hard sell on this one. I think I prefer most DKR panel pages.

Metropolis really gave someone the hard sell on this one. I think I prefer most DKR panel pages.

Does anybody know how this piece even got to Metropolis from Pete Koch? Was it consigned? Did Metro facilitate the deal by providing financing for a third party buyer? Did Metro buy it outright and resell it? Or was the buyer one of Metro's principals? My e-mailbox is lighting up with questions from people who don't have the complete picture, but who know more than just what was in the press release, and no one seems to be able to figure out how all the pieces fit together and make sense.

I certainly don't have any answers...just more questions. ???

“This is the definitive Dark Knight piece,” asserts gallery curator Rob Pistella, of the 15″ x 23″ illustration.

“More important, it’s the definitive Frank Miller piece. It’s everything that Frank’s immeasurable contribution to the art form represents, captured in one iconic image.”

I think you have to have seen it in print and at the time. At the time I thought that and the dkr2 cover were the coolest batman illustrations Id ever seen. If you're seeing it now for the first time, it's obviously not going to resonate the same way.

Does anybody know how this piece even got to Metropolis from Pete Koch? Was it consigned? Did Metro facilitate the deal by providing financing for a third party buyer? Did Metro buy it outright and resell it? Or was the buyer one of Metro's principals? My e-mailbox is lighting up with questions from people who don't have the complete picture, but who know more than just what was in the press release, and no one seems to be able to figure out how all the pieces fit together and make sense.

Loose lips sink ships, ya know.

Loose lips sink ships, ya know.

I recently heard that the OA world is a place where secrets can't be kept. Can't remember where. Course, somebody might get miffed when it is shared but c'est la vie.

My understanding from "whispers" is that Metro facilitated / broker the transaction. Didn't care enough to find out more. (shrug)

Congrats to buyer and seller. (thumbs u