• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

I saw the above promos with Starlight and The Deep during the CW superhero shows this week...wonder what people who know nothing about The Boys thought when they saw them?

I haven't read the comic, but am looking forward to the TV show...

So it's on Amazon Prime.

Anyone got this?  I read the blurb and prime seemed more about free shipping of Amazon drek plus this channel and some music. In Australia the only sport is NFL Thursday night games - tbc.

It's movie and original show package seems awful - even for $6.99 pm.

Is anyone actually going to be able to watch it on this channel - I don't know a single person in Australia who has it. I have Foxtel and Netflix.

So who has Amazon prime in the USA??

They have thrown so much $$ at this, Karl Urban, Anthony Starr, Elizabeth Shue - but who's going to view this on an obscure channel?

So:

1) How many people have this channel in the USA

2) Do Prime shows ever end up elsewhere like Netflix later on?

Seems a shame, the trailers look great for a show on a channel no-one watches  :cry:

Edited by Beige

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Such a shame.

:whatthe:

Nevermind.

:fear:

I don't understand.

If you have 101,000,000 Amazon Prime subscribers over there - that's great for the show.

Unless they just use it for shopping. (shrug)

16 minutes ago, Beige said:

Unless they just use it for shopping. (shrug)

It was :baiting: to your concerns.

7 hours ago, Beige said:

Seems a shame, the trailers look great for a show on a channel no-one watches  :cry:

From the 2018 article.

Amazon has never revealed viewership numbers for any of its Prime Video content, but internal documents obtained by Reuters shed new light on the streaming service’s audience size. Around 26 million people in the US stream videos on Amazon Prime, according to Reuters.

:foryou:

Unfortunately, that audience didn't take to The Tick leading to its cancellation. A bummer.

Watched the first two episodes......I was wondering if they could possibly hope to capture the tone and extreme nature of the source material.

This is the image that greets the viewer before the opening credits roll to episode one:

67425137_10219209448734335_5894750920503197696_n.jpg.38fa994eeb79d3527e97dc08d3a4ec6e.jpg

Yep....they went all the way there. 

Very faithful to the original books tone, flavor and rawness with enough tweaks in dialogue to set the show in the very present day. 

The show works, the cast works too from top to bottom. 

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

oooo...kinky....

Unintentional, yet highly accurate, double entendre....and I am only 2 episodes in. 

5 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Watched the first two episodes......I was wondering if they could possibly hope to capture the tone and extreme nature of the source material.

This is the image that greets the viewer before the opening credits roll to episode one:

67425137_10219209448734335_5894750920503197696_n.jpg.38fa994eeb79d3527e97dc08d3a4ec6e.jpg

Yep....they went all the way there. 

Very faithful to the original books tone, flavor and rawness with enough tweaks in dialogue to set the show in the very present day. 

The show works, the cast works too from top to bottom. 

So I have watched the first 3 episodes, and while it is not as raw as the comic it is still pretty brutal.  The guy playing Homelander just makes you want to go take a shower after his sences, he is just so disturbing.  You can feel him losing it and not giving one flying f**k.  It has been great so far.

P.s. - Elizabeth Shue is still hot.

Edited by media_junkie