• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

Amazon Studios has revealed the first look at Aya Cash as Stormfront in the second season of The Boys. Ahead of the upcoming sneak peek at the new season, Amazon released two photos (via Entertainment Weekly) offering a look at Cash in costume. Stormfront's name reflects her superpower, the ability to manipulate the weather. It also says something about her personality and the role she plays in the second season fo The Boys.“I think Stormfront is like a nuclear bomb that goes off in the Seven," Cash says. "Maybe nuclear bomb isn’t the right word. We’re in Chernobyl. There you go. It’s a Chernobyl thing. I think she’s here to blow up Vought. She’s here to try to get Vought back to the original idea behind creating superheroes... And she can be quite the feminist. There’s a lot of, I wouldn’t say misdirect, but she also is a very empowered woman."

the-boys-season-2-stormfront-aya-cash-12

the-boys-season-2-aya-cash-stormfront-12

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Have faith for now. The show-runners delivered a wildly successful first season.

Yup - because they basically didn't stray too far away from the source material in season 1

What next - no-one else juices up besides the girl?

FFS - Stormfront is a neo-nazi superpowered male racist, second only pretty much to Homelander.

Not 'an empowered feminist who can manipulate weather'.

so yeah - :facepalm:

Edited by Beige

Just to illustrate the point for non-readers:

33ef750f449cdaece35fcdf3941954feda75b972.jpg.e39632cb6bb2f21006e96539109bb18e.jpg

Not

imageproxy.jpg.0a72e9f08e16918d8afcec59fdd6cf7d.jpg

Amazon Prime Video’s superhero satire The Boys will premiere the first three episodes of its second season Friday, September 4, the streamer announced today, with new episodes available each Friday until the season finale on Oct. 9.

The dates were announced during a streaming event today hosted by Season 2 guest star Patton Oswalt.

On 3/10/2020 at 6:34 PM, Beige said:

Yup - because they basically didn't stray too far away from the source material in season 1

What next - no-one else juices up besides the girl?

FFS - Stormfront is a neo-nazi superpowered male racist, second only pretty much to Homelander.

Not 'an empowered feminist who can manipulate weather'.

so yeah - :facepalm:

I am not surprised. Being PC trumps sticking to any source now........

Edited by kimik

18 hours ago, kimik said:

They did pretty good on the first season. I'm willing to give them a flyer, especially seeing as how good the show is or isn't has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I keep an Amazon Prime account.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:51 AM, kimik said:

12 hours ago, bb8 said:

They did pretty good on the first season. I'm willing to give them a flyer, especially seeing as how good the show is or isn't has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I keep an Amazon Prime account.

Oh, I'm not whining per se.

I really liked Season 1

I just hope that some of the originality that made the Boys such an awesome read shines through.

Swap a Nazi for a Weather Woman - I'm cool with that, BUT - if you don't juice up the rest of the Boys, then series 2 is going to be pointless. Without Powers, even a C-Team will rip them apart.

Lets not forget - having Juice is the only thing stopping Homelander from killing them all (in the Book)

Still Herogasm is confirmed as Season 3, so as readers know, they must have powers by then.

The Russian Love Sausage in Season 4 should be interesting..........

I like it so far, but lets not dilute it so much that it's another shambles like Preacher.

Looking forward to Season 2.

10 hours ago, Beige said:

Oh, I'm not whining per se.

I really liked Season 1

I just hope that some of the originality that made the Boys such an awesome read shines through.

Swap a Nazi for a Weather Woman - I'm cool with that, BUT - if you don't juice up the rest of the Boys, then series 2 is going to be pointless. Without Powers, even a C-Team will rip them apart.

Lets not forget - having Juice is the only thing stopping Homelander from killing them all (in the Book)

Still Herogasm is confirmed as Season 3, so as readers know, they must have powers by then.

The Russian Love Sausage in Season 4 should be interesting..........

I like it so far, but lets not dilute it so much that it's another shambles like Preacher.

Looking forward to Season 2.

From what they accomplished so expertly in Season One, I have faith so far in Season Two. Looking forward to this show's return.

13 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

From what they accomplished so expertly in Season One, I have faith so far in Season Two. Looking forward to this show's return.

Likewise - but without Juice, then they are as usefully as Wee Hughies dead girlfriend - Jings!

Seriously though - The Girl was almost killed - and she's the toughest in the comic by someway - so Butcher, Hughie, Frenchy and MM NEED the boost to even match the likes of the B teams.

And - where the heck is Terror??

terror.jpg.ed941d6b2659e92dabbb510f7362a3cd.jpg

one of my all time favorite comic series.... i enjoyed season 1 ... even with some apprehension with the changes made... and i'm excited about season 2... I don't need the series to be identical to the comics... heroes or villains... I just want it close enough to be able to have fun watching it :)