• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/10/12/seth-rogen-is-shopping-an-adaptation-of-the-boys-to-cable-nets

Seth Rogen Is Shopping An Adaptation Of THE BOYS To Cable Nets

With SUPERNATURAL's Eric Kripke involved.

Personally I think it's wishful thinking, I mean the budget to do such a series would be HUGE! But it would be neat to finally see this masterpiece on screen. hm

Edited by Mr 9.8

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/10/12/seth-rogen-is-shopping-an-adaptation-of-the-boys-to-cable-nets

Seth Rogen Is Shopping An Adaptation Of THE BOYS To Cable Nets

With SUPERNATURAL's Eric Kripke involved.

Personally I think it's wishful thinking, I mean the budget to do such a series would be HUGE! But it would be neat to finally see this masterpiece on screen. hm

Never happen.

Boy. That took a long time to come together.

Amazon Orders 'The Boys' -script From 'Supernatural,' 'Preacher' Creators

It looks like Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg will be bringing another fan-favorite comic to the small screen.

The pair's adaptation of The Boys has officially received a -script order from Amazon. The hour-long pilot, which was initially headed to Cinemax, is set to be written by Supernatural and Timeless creator Eric Kripke. According to Variety, the streaming service could end up giving The Boys a straight-to-series pickup, with Rogen and Goldberg set to serve as executive producers and directors.

The Boys is created by Preacher's Garth Ennis and Transmetropolitan's Darick Robertson. follows a CIA squad sent to keep a society of amoral, celebrity-like superheroes in check. The Dynamite Entertainment series ran for seventy-two issues, from 2006 to 2012.

A live-action version of The Boys has been in development for quite some time. Anchorman and The Big Short director Adam McKay first developed a film adaptation of the project in 2010, taking it from Columbia to Paramount. Ride Along scribes Matt Manfredi and Phil Hay penned a -script of the film, telling ComicBook.com that it needed to "find its sweet spot" in terms of budget. It sounds like with a small screen budget, and veterans like Kripke, Rogen, and Goldberg at the helm, that sweet spot has been found.

17 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Boy. That took a long time to come together.

Amazon Orders 'The Boys' --script From 'Supernatural,' 'Preacher' Creators

Shhh - I've only stock piled 12 copies of Boys #1 and was hoping to get up to 20 high grade copies before stuff starts filming.

Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg Set ‘The Boys’ TV Series at Amazon

An adaptation of the Garth Ennis comic series The Boys has been in the works for a very, very long time, but at long last it appears this thing is finally happening. Amazon announced today that it has greenlit an original one-hour drama series adaptation of The Boys spearheaded by Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Supernatural/Timeless/Revolution showrunner Eric Kripke. Rogen and Goldberg will executive produce and direct, while Kripke will serve as showrunner and creator of the new series. This isn’t Rogen and Goldberg’s first foray into the work of Ennis, as they also serve as executive producers on the AMC adaptation Preacher, which is headed into its third season.

Indeed Rogen, Goldberg, and Kripke have been attached to The Boys for a while now, as the TV series adaptation was first set up at Cinemax in April 2016. That iteration of the project obviously didn’t go forward (Cinemax has undergone a revamp of sorts, moving further into action-oriented original series fare), but now the show will live on at Amazon.

55 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Been reading this off and on over the last few years,and highly recommend this series. 

When I first saw issue #1 I was going to pass because the artwork wasn't great.  But then I realized it was a Garth Ennis book and picked it up immediately.  His storytelling is some of the best in the industry.

Boom goes "The Boys" #30 Jim Lee virgin variant:banana:.  One of my favorite book in the collection.

20171108_175132.jpg.d00bea2d4a304bbbb9bfaec85326a009.jpg

'The Boys' TV Series Rumored to Begin Production in May

the-boys-filming-date-1065527-640x320.jp

Last month, Amazon greenlit an eight-episode order for the hour-long superhero drama, The Boys. Now, a new report says that production on the upcoming series will begin in May.

According to Omega Underground, the long-in-development comic adaptation from Seth Rogan, Evan Goldberg, and Supernatural showrunner Eric Kripke will begin production in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on May 14, 2018 before moving to Toronto, Canada with an expectation of a premiere on Amazon Prime sometime in 2019.

This is the most recent up date for the upcoming series since news broke that it would be headed to Amazon. Originally, The Boys had been headed to Cinemax before being picked up by Amazon. The pilot episode is set to be written by Supernatural and Timeless creator Eric Kripke with Rogen and Goldberg serving as executive producers and directors.

‘The Boys’: Erin Moriarty Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series Based On Comic Book

erin-moriarty-1.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Erin Moriarty is set to play one of the leads in Amazon’s straight-to-series drama The Boys, Deadline has learned.

Based on the comic book by Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson and created by Supernatural creator and Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke, The Boys is set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen are set to direct.

The project hails from Sony Pictures TV Studios, which will co-produce with Amazon, and Neal H. Moritz’s studio-based Original Films.