• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, media_junkie said:
  Hide contents

I thought Homelander was going to ask Doppleganger to appear as Stormfront, so when Doppleganger turned into Homelander I was like "WTF!!!!"

Actually, I thought the same thing as I assumed he got turned on by her ability to control people's thoughts. She knows how to work a crowd.

Spoiler

stormfront.gif.e5077c2ec5a602e612ddfeee634e614b.gif

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Talk about people being spoiled now. Rating-bombing a show because all the episodes were not dropped in one release.

:facepalm:

That's silly. Most people don't even have Amazon Prime for shows. They get it for free shipping. Anything streaming that doesn't suck is just an added bonus.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Talk about people being spoiled now. Rating-bombing a show because all the episodes were not dropped in one release.

:facepalm:

Talk about entitlement.  The show is freaking awesome and people are driving down the ratings because they have to wait in-between episodes?  Glad they can't review bomb the Disney+ App or I guess they would have given the Mandalorian 1 star as well.

Jerks.

The Boys star Aya Cash defends the Amazon show's unconventional season 2 release plan. Cash's arrival in The Boys shook up what was already an absolutely insane show, which was based on the comic book series by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. In the world of The Boys, superheroes are modern day celebrities with far too much power at their disposal. The biggest heroes, the Seven, are led by the sociopathic Homelander (Antony Starr), who up until this season was easily the worst "supe" of them all. However, Cash's Stormfront is giving him a run for his money, as the most recent episodes have revealed her racist past.

In an interview with ComingSoon.net, Cash spoke about why the weekly schedule is especially important for this season of The Boys. It actually comes down to Cash's own character, Stormfront, and the theme of white supremacy. The Boys hasn't shied away from the dangerous rise in this, and, as Cash explained, it isn't something people should think about quickly. Cash said this:

"With those first three episodes coming out and the cliffhanger everyone’s going, ‘What?!’ and having to sit with it for a week, but that’s also a good thing because we should be thinking about these things quicker than the passing moment. I think what this season is trying to deal with, in terms of white supremacy, is not a conversation you should think about for a weekend after you binge, it’s something you should be continuing to have. Obviously The Boys is not the only conversation about this happening right now, but it’s helpful to have time to have that discussion."

I really enjoyed season one. Season two not as much. In my eyes Butcher is unredeemable. 

Spoiler

When he tried to commit suicide in the season ender he also tried to kill a baby. He had no way of knowing Homelander would save it, especially after what he did to the mother. 

And now Starlight crossed the line too. 

Spoiler

Killing somebody trying to protect their car from being stolen? 

The Deep's storyline is tedious. Please make it stop.

Amazon continues to ride the wave of The Boys, what might be considered its first bonafide original megahit, greenlighting a third season, an after-show and a spin-off. And for good reason, given the numbers it’s putting up.

Nielsen has been tracking streaming viewership (as best it can) and releasing weekly rankings for a month now, and this is the first time a non-Netflix show has broken into the top 10. And it’s nearly at the top.

Here are the rankings for this past week according to Nielsen, where they measure by minutes watched:

1. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 2.17 billion minutes viewed

2. Lucifer (Netflix), 1.42 billion

3. The Boys (Amazon), 891 million

4. The Office (Netflix), 843 million

5. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 675 million

6. Shameless (Netflix), 639 million

7. Away (Netflix), 631 million

8 . Grey's Anatomy (Netflix), 616 million

9 . The Legend of Korra (Netflix), 541 million

10. Mulan (Disney+), 525 million

It’s notable that the top two shows, Cobra Kai and Lucifer, are technically Netflix originals, but series that Netflix bought and is making/has made new seasons of. While The Office, Criminal Minds, Shameless, Grey’s Anatomy and The Legend of Korra are all not Netflix originals, but licensed. Away is the only true, entirely original Netflix series to make the list.