• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

EBoJwARUwAAeooA.jpg

First set image from season 2.  I hope the turn around time is fairly rapid on this show. Also the show is apparently one of the most viewed show in Amazon Prime history.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a28666172/the-boys-amazon-most-successful-shows/

Edited by drotto

Why did I have the thought today the Epstein's offshore private island used for really creepy reasons parallels the Herogasm island? Amazing how life imitates art yet again.

As a think about the show vs. the comic, the show really emphasizes the pitfalls, and extremes of celebrity culture almost more than being a play on if heroes were real.

I'm two episodes in and loving it.  I don't have the time to binge anything, but I'll be watching an episode every day or two for the next week.

Listened to Kevin Smith's comic podcast this week and he and Marc Bernardin also love it.

Edited by fantastic_four

19 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
28 minutes ago, csaag said:

Just finished this last night. Fantastic show - can't wait for Season 2!

As good as everyone is on this show - Anthony Starr just makes this show,.

I agree he was spectacularly good.

Two episodes in I like him best as well.

2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

I was stunned to read that the lead is Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid's kid!

That was a really cool fact that surprised a bunch a people when this came out. I never heard of him before. But what a solid actor.

I just finished The Boys this week and really enjoyed it ! I live in Toronto and didn't know they shot it here until I saw it. The base of the Vought building is Roy Thompson Hall and all the corporate party scenes wee shot inside it. You can also tell it's Toronto when you see streetcar tracks on the road. You could even see a streetcar drive by when Hughie and Starlighter were walking outside of a church.  

They did a good job of showing the good and bad of the "heroes" and I felt conflicted about hating or sympathising with a couple of them (Homelander excluded). I really felt bad for Butcher during that last scene. Also agree that Antony Starr is killing it as Homelander, even though I hate his character. 

On 7/27/2019 at 9:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

Man, if they had ended the season with that Episode 4 Homelander speech that would have been one heck of a powerful ending. Especially knowing where he got it from.

Where'd he get it from?