• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finch or Fabok?

32 posts in this topic

What's the sale? Everything looks full price.

:gossip: most of those prices are a lot lower than they were when Finch was selling them himself.

David Finch has been honing his craft since the mid-1990's, so for about 2 decades.

Jason Fabok has been around for about 5 years and continues to refine his work.

I know in the world of the creative arts, it's not necessarily about the amount of time served be it for a singer, actor, writer or artist... and, subjectively if you want to consider public opinion success, then some hit it big immediately, where others stay mediocre for years without much fanfare.

I think most name FINCH mainly due to his tenure and brand name recognition.

Jason Fabok is a solid rising star artist, and I think it's just a matter of having him assigned to a great writer and character with a story arc that resonates with fans before he's appreciated by the masses.

I'm not sure how his OA prices are, in that I know some of these stars of tomorrow, charge astronomically outrageous prices compared to their established peers at times, and it's hard to pay based on "potential", 'tho again, artwork and value is subjective to the eye of the beholder.

I think most name FINCH mainly due to his tenure and brand name recognition.

Jason Fabok is a solid rising star artist, and I think it's just a matter of having him assigned to a great writer and character with a story arc that resonates with fans before he's appreciated by the masses.

Does tenure really enter into anyone's appreciation of art? If an artists first comic catches my eye, then I'm a fan as long as they keep delivering. If I don't like somebody's art, i don't care how long they've been around, it's not gonna change until the art does.

I like Finch's work since Batman better than Fabok far and away. Nothing to do with brand name recognition but with more appealing art. Finch's work has more power to it, it's bolder. I don't think Fabok's work to date has that "it" factor that makes it jump out in drawing or storytelling. Part of it might be the inkers