• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Howard Greber (Eggs Ackley)

143 posts in this topic

I am an avid Cherry collector, and Howard has sold me hundreds of books over the years. He called me one day and told me he was in a hospice due to cancer. He said he was putting together a special box of Cherry stuff for me.

I cried after we hung up. Enjoy each day. You never know when your time is up.

Howard was the nicest guy in the world and always looking out for other people.

I will remember him always....

Condolences to his family, and indeed, it's a huge loss to the community. Even his sales threads were full of history and knowledge. I'll miss reading his thoughtful words. R.I.P.

I'm saddened to hear about this. I had the great pleasure of meeting Howard twice. Once with his family about a decade ago when they came to see their daughter who was looking to attend UofT. Then a second time when Howard flew over to purchase a few books from me. I had him stay with us, and he was always such a kind, gentle soul. A disposition which flowed outward in his balanced views/opinions, and thoughtful participation here.

Definitely one of the hobby good guys. His family will be in my thoughts. He will be missed. :(

Man that makes me sad. I had a number of transactions with Howard just this summer and he sold me a bunch of high grade four color books. The best part were the PM's back and forth, what a wealth of comic knowledge he was, and as stated, I could tell he was a very kind soul. My condolences to the family.

Reading everyone's comments and my own brief interactions with him, you realize what a classy individual we had, and realize while the news is sad and hard to hear, it was a life well lived.

Rest easy.