• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

Explain the details of the deal if you want actual advice.

Details? Well this is a deal for a af15 cgc 2.5 signed by stan lee and my client is interested in buying it.

That's all there is to the deal for now really (shrug) and that they asked me to find out of he's legit or not and I looked but couldn't really find anything about him.

How did your client find out about this AF15 SS?

And is this a straight up yellow label, or is it restored/qualified?

Because 4-figures (under $10K) for a AF15 2.5 SS unqualified/unrestored sounds "too good to be true".

I found it for the since they told me they were looking for mega keys and it's a yellow label with no resto and it's not hard to believe that you can get a comic I had previous deals work out for similar amounts for the same comic and the client got it but I'm not sure about the guy selling it.

"same comic"?

Wait, so how many times have you bought and sold an AF15 at prices like this?

???

so far twice and is this 2.5 ss works out it will be my third af15 at a price like that ;)

Wow! If you're finding multiple copies of AF15 for WAY under FMV (which this one sounds like to me)... WTH do you need "clients" for?

(shrug)

Simple I need them to buy the comics so that I can get a commission for it.

So the seller is paying you a commission because it is so hard to find a buyer for an AF #15?

No I only had the happen once but their expectations were ridiculous so I said I didn't want to do it. How I do it is find comics for buyers and get a commission for it provided it's a price they agree on.

Amazingly, I'm still confused. Who is paying you the commission, the buyer or the seller? How do you determine your commission? And if the buyer uses their own money to purchase from the seller, how do you get paid? Extra points if you use at least one comma in your response.

I am supposed to be listing more things and instead I am compelled to read the boards.

I'm supposed to be sleeping ( it's 04:35 in Paris ) and instead I am compelled to read the boards. :facepalm:

I know someone that has a book I think you are looking for BTW... I will point you in the direction of it sans commission or deal. I am looking for the pic now.

:foryou:

Get in touch with Harley Yee

Told you I would keep your list in mind.

CE719DBB-5449-4C54-9072-7071DDB89BF6.jpg

Thanks Andrew. It has been listed on ComicLink for a while now. Also saw it in Doc Joe's NYCC coverage. Afraid I've seen much better looking 4.0s and 4.5s with final sales prices lower than his.

Not easy is it? Even though it was a joke you didn't get what Peter wanted that's one of the other reasons the deals fall apart not getting what the client expects or wants.

It really wasn't a joke. As I was doing my own shopping, I specifically kept an eye out for one of the books I know Peter was looking for between 10/8 through 10/11. I posted it in my own thread the day I saw it but did not know if he had seen it.

I provide that service for free to a few boardies as a few different boardies have kept their eyes peeled for something they know I am looking for. I pay it forward that way as someone has paid it forward for me.

There are a couple of boardies here that have kept an eye out for me and even a comic dealer who keeps an eye out if they see something that they know I am looking for regardless of whether or not they have it.

In fact I have to make mention that someone even made me an offer for a book I listed on eBay. I wrote to them they I could not meet the price that they wanted but pointed them in the direction to the same book for someone else that was cheaper.

Gabriel, I pretty much give you a free pass on most everything. Please do not EVER pretend to know my motives, agenda, or really most anything else about me.

Ok but from what's been happening on this thread mostly I thought you were mocking me by looking for a comic for someone else and posting it here if that wasn't the intention I apologize but it did look like that in my eyes had you not told me otherwise.

Do you have the faintest clue where you are or who you are talking to?

Honestly I am really struggling with the fact that you continue to post...

I know exactly where I am I'm on the boards with the best collectors, dealers and investors in comic books. Honestly I'm not sure who that person is big he has a big number of posts and I see him from time to time and I already apologized for what I did.

Explain the details of the deal if you want actual advice.

Details? Well this is a deal for a af15 cgc 2.5 signed by stan lee and my client is interested in buying it.

That's all there is to the deal for now really (shrug) and that they asked me to find out of he's legit or not and I looked but couldn't really find anything about him.

How did your client find out about this AF15 SS?

And is this a straight up yellow label, or is it restored/qualified?

Because 4-figures (under $10K) for a AF15 2.5 SS unqualified/unrestored sounds "too good to be true".

I found it for the since they told me they were looking for mega keys and it's a yellow label with no resto and it's not hard to believe that you can get a comic I had previous deals work out for similar amounts for the same comic and the client got it but I'm not sure about the guy selling it.

"same comic"?

Wait, so how many times have you bought and sold an AF15 at prices like this?

???

so far twice and is this 2.5 ss works out it will be my third af15 at a price like that ;)

Wow! If you're finding multiple copies of AF15 for WAY under FMV (which this one sounds like to me)... WTH do you need "clients" for?

(shrug)

Simple I need them to buy the comics so that I can get a commission for it.

So the seller is paying you a commission because it is so hard to find a buyer for an AF #15?

No I only had the happen once but their expectations were ridiculous so I said I didn't want to do it. How I do it is find comics for buyers and get a commission for it provided it's a price they agree on.

Amazingly, I'm still confused. Who is paying you the commission, the buyer or the seller? How do you determine your commission? And if the buyer uses their own money to purchase from the seller, how do you get paid? Extra points if you use at least one comma in your response.

The person that pays me the commission is the buyer of the comic. To clear things up I've worked for buyers and sellers but buyers are easier to work with. When a buyer uses their money to buy from the seller I get a 10%commission if I gave them that lead that led to the deal.

Ok but from what's been happening on this thread mostly I thought you were mocking me by looking for a comic for someone else and posting it here if that wasn't the intention I apologize but it did look like that in my eyes had you not told me otherwise.

you read it VERY wrong I'm afraid.

So it is I've also sent him a apology pm and it's worded professionally imo.

Curiosity piqued my interest, so I watched a video the young man posted on YouTube. First observation is please, for goodness sake, cut your fingernails. Nothing says lack of personal hygiene like a male with long fingernails. Second observation with be in the form of a Star Trek reference I hope is not lost on the audience: I fear you do not have the lobes for this business. I wish you a fruitful endeavor none the less.

Curiosity piqued my interest, so I watched a video the young man posted on YouTube. First observation is please, for goodness sake, cut your fingernails. Nothing says lack of personal hygiene like a male with long fingernails. Second observation with be in the form of a Star Trek reference I hope is not lost on the audience: I fear you do not have the lobes for this business. I wish you a fruitful endeavor none the less.

I cut my fingernails though they grow back quickly and I have no idea what that star trek reference was but if you give me a star wars one I will.

I thought the same thing about the nails. jeez man...so your excuse for not cutting your nails is because it grows out too fast?

I thought the same thing about the nails. jeez man...so your excuse for not cutting your nails is because it grows out too fast?

No they grow fast but I'm clumsy with knives and my long fingernails stopped me cutting my fingers off about 5 times so far.

I tried shaving once, but a couple days later, you could hardly notice it.

I have a very tightly shaved beard. Whenever I have to go into court I make sure I am freshly trimmed and fully shaved. I was before a judge about a year ago to put in an appearance. Before I had finished my "Good morning" the judge cuts me off with "Young man, this is not Woodstock. The next time you are in my court, you had better be cleaned up."

I have a very tightly shaved beard. Whenever I have to go into court I make sure I am freshly trimmed and fully shaved. I was before a judge about a year ago to put in an appearance. Before I had finished my "Good morning" the judge cuts me off with "Young man, this is not Woodstock. The next time you are in my court, you had better be cleaned up."

I love the power trip garbage there. Nothing rubs me the wrong way than someone in a position of power abusing their authority, even though it is pretty trivial in this case.

It's a small thing, but it makes me suspect that he is a terrible judge in other areas as well.

I love the power trip garbage there. Nothing rubs me the wrong way than someone in a position of power abusing their authority, even though it is pretty trivial in this case.

It's a small thing, but it makes me suspect that he is a terrible judge in other areas as well.

I couldn't agree more.

Condition and appearance matter, not just in comics.

"Who cares what the cover looks like - it's what's inside that matters!"

Judge-Chamberlain-Haller-from-My-Cousin-Vinny.jpg

Now I know why the OP sent me an offer less than 50% of what I was asking on a big Marvel SA key. Best of luck on this business model.

I can think of another boardie who started out in similar fashion and he's been fairly successful as a small time dealer to this point.

Now I know why the OP sent me an offer less than 50% of what I was asking on a big Marvel SA key. Best of luck on this business model.

I can think of another boardie who started out in similar fashion and he's been fairly successful as a small time dealer to this point.

I think I would put the emphasis on the word "fairly"