• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

With the huge number of people constantly scouring the world for a deal on AF15 I think its a long shot. I don't think anyone has ever posted where they picked one up for 1/2 FMV.

Maybe not exactly but I've been here a while and I saw deals on hulk #1 and AF15's that went for about 50-60% of fmv but those deals got scooped up quickly.

Are you talking about this site or a different one? I haven't seen any being offered at half off the fmv.

I've seen a 2.0 hulk on here for 6500 I believe and there were good deals and the AF15's can't remember what it was a the time but it was a good deal for sure. The af15 2.0 for 7k was a good deal as well :) this is off the top of my head but deals like this have happened here but like I said they get picked up quickly.

While they might have been a "good deal", that's hardly the 50% of FMV you're claiming. If you're claiming you can get close to getting books at 50% of FMV then I too might be interested in your services.

What is FMV to you on both of these books at 2.0?

What I think is FMV? 7-8k for the AF15 2.0 and for the hulk #1 2.0 5-6k which I know is lower than gpa but if I were asked what I'd paid for it that would be it.

I'm confused. You said you have seen books like AF#15 and IH#1 go for 50% of FMV. 50% of the FMV you quoted above would be $3,500-$4,000 for AF#15 in 2.0, and $2,500-$3,000 for IH#1 but you said you saw them for 50% of FMV. How are you calculating 50% of FMV?

Has anyone ever met Gabe in person?

Why do you ask Roy ? I had a Comic Book grading guide offered to him, purchased off Amazon, last year because he didn't own a credit card.

I remember that. The kid has come along way...not being able to afford a grading guide to brokering 4 figure deals. Pretty soon he'll be in Columbia Comics' league.

:roflmao:

It takes time to grow big enough to post pages of over priced books, and then delete the thread when no one bites

So you find a book at 55percent of FMV. Why pass it along to your client instead of selling it here for 80 percent?

if your serious pm me and I'll see what I can do.

I PM'd you about the Tecs. It's been over 2 hours. Nothing. :taptaptap:

:gossip: I'm working on it

lol

There's no pm

With the huge number of people constantly scouring the world for a deal on AF15 I think its a long shot. I don't think anyone has ever posted where they picked one up for 1/2 FMV.

Maybe not exactly but I've been here a while and I saw deals on hulk #1 and AF15's that went for about 50-60% of fmv but those deals got scooped up quickly.

Are you talking about this site or a different one? I haven't seen any being offered at half off the fmv.

I've seen a 2.0 hulk on here for 6500 I believe and there were good deals and the AF15's can't remember what it was a the time but it was a good deal for sure. The af15 2.0 for 7k was a good deal as well :) this is off the top of my head but deals like this have happened here but like I said they get picked up quickly.

While they might have been a "good deal", that's hardly the 50% of FMV you're claiming. If you're claiming you can get close to getting books at 50% of FMV then I too might be interested in your services.

What I think is FMV? 7-8k for the AF15 2.0 and for the hulk #1 2.0 5-6k which I know is lower than gpa but if I were asked what I'd paid for it that would be it.

I'm confused. You said you have seen books like AF#15 and IH#1 go for 50% of FMV. 50% of the FMV you quoted above would be $3,500-$4,000 for AF#15 in 2.0, and $2,500-$3,000 for IH#1 but you said you saw them for 50% of FMV. How are you calculating 50% of FMV?

The prices I quoted are the fmv I've seen them on the boards for you just took what I said and halved it again.

Why do you ask Roy ? I had a Comic Book grading guide offered to him, purchased off Amazon, last year because he didn't own a credit card.

I remember that. The kid has come along way...not being able to afford a grading guide to brokering 4 figure deals. Pretty soon he'll be in Columbia Comics' league.

It takes time to grow big enough to post pages of over priced books, and then delete the thread when no one bites

No I delete them if no one is interested in them and if it's filled with "nice comics"

(tsk) Instigating. Penalty. Five yards.

The prices I quoted are the fmv I've seen them on the boards for you just took what I said and halved it again.

You said you saw an IH#1 go for $6500. You said FMV for the book is in the $5-6K range. How is $6,500 50% of $5k or even $6K? This is my question. You're saying you can, or have, picked up books for 50% of FMV. Are you using your calculator correctly?

I kind of want to know because if ever go to you to try to find a book and tell you the book's FMV is $1,000 and I want it for 50% of FMV, I don't want to get a bill for $2,000 and have you claim it's 50% FMV.

You said you saw an IH#1 go for $6500. You said FMV for the book is in the $5-6K range. How is $6,500 50% of $5k or even $6K? This is my question. You're saying you can, or have, picked up books for 50% of FMV. Are you using your calculator correctly?

I kind of want to know because if ever go to you to try to find a book and tell you the book's FMV is $1,000 and I want it for 50% of FMV, I don't want to get a bill for $2,000 and have you claim it's 50% FMV.

I wasn't using a calculator you asked me what I valued them at gpa so I told you and if I something is 50% gpa I wouldn't double it and before anything would happen I'd let you know price.

I wasn't using a calculator you asked me what I valued them at gpa so I told you and if I something is 50% gpa I wouldn't double it and before anything would happen I'd let you know price.

(tsk) Instigating. Penalty. Five yards.

hardly, i was replying to and quoting someone.

General comment toward all that are making that comment. I know that Logan made it first.

I don't get those types of statements though. Last week I remarked on the prices at NYCC stating that while I felt the prices for many books were too high, how do you fault the dealers when they are getting their prices?

General comment toward all that are making that comment. I know that Logan made it first.

I don't get those types of statements though. Last week I remarked on the prices at NYCC stating that while I felt the prices for many books were too high, how do you fault the dealers when they are getting their prices?

The market will decide the price points, if they are asking too much then their stuff wont sell. I wouldnt fault the dealers, but if they have a bad show not selling anything, clearly it would indicate they reaching.

Better to have smaller margins, happy customers, and quicker turn around. Landing a few pigeons wont really getter done long term.

The market will decide the price points, if they are asking too much then their stuff wont sell. I wouldnt fault the dealers, but if they have a bad show not selling anything, clearly it would indicate they reaching.

Better to have smaller margins, happy customers, and quicker turn around. Landing a few pigeons wont really getter done long term.

Happy customers are foremost but with the rest, agree to disagree.