• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

Happy customers are foremost but with the rest, agree to disagree.

carrying inventory with too high margins, and making sporadic sales, will not make you as much money as pricing to FMV and having many more transactions.

You want your money turning over as often as possible, working. Not tied up in inventory that doesnt move.

So you find a book at 55percent of FMV. Why pass it along to your client instead of selling it here for 80 percent?

if your serious pm me and I'll see what I can do.

I PM'd you about the Tecs. It's been over 2 hours. Nothing. :taptaptap:

:gossip: I'm working on it

lol

There's no pm

Oh, there's a PM alright ;)

Happy customers are foremost but with the rest, agree to disagree.

carrying inventory with too high margins, and making sporadic sales, will not make you as much money as pricing to FMV and having many more transactions.

You want your money turning over as often as possible, working. Not tied up in inventory that doesnt move.

What some consider FMV on the CGC boards is not what FMV may be elsewhere. Therein lies the problem with the perception of what some people believe of other's business practices.

So you find a book at 55percent of FMV. Why pass it along to your client instead of selling it here for 80 percent?

if your serious pm me and I'll see what I can do.

I PM'd you about the Tecs. It's been over 2 hours. Nothing. :taptaptap:

:gossip: I'm working on it

lol

There's no pm

Oh, there's a PM alright ;)

F

I want to be a swashbuckler..... hm

With the huge number of people constantly scouring the world for a deal on AF15 I think its a long shot. I don't think anyone has ever posted where they picked one up for 1/2 FMV.

Maybe not exactly but I've been here a while and I saw deals on hulk #1 and AF15's that went for about 50-60% of fmv but those deals got scooped up quickly.

Are you talking about this site or a different one? I haven't seen any being offered at half off the fmv.

I've seen a 2.0 hulk on here for 6500 I believe and there were good deals and the AF15's can't remember what it was a the time but it was a good deal for sure. The af15 2.0 for 7k was a good deal as well :) this is off the top of my head but deals like this have happened here but like I said they get picked up quickly.

While they might have been a "good deal", that's hardly the 50% of FMV you're claiming. If you're claiming you can get close to getting books at 50% of FMV then I too might be interested in your services.

What is FMV to you on both of these books at 2.0?

What I think is FMV? 7-8k for the AF15 2.0 and for the hulk #1 2.0 5-6k which I know is lower than gpa but if I were asked what I'd paid for it that would be it.

Here is an easier question. The prices you quoted above as "good deals" are very close to what you feel is the FMV of the books, in fact your FMV estimate on the Hulk is actually below the price you thought was a "good deal" in your example. How are you defining a "good deal"? It would appear that losing $500-1500 on the Hulk #1 would qualify, based on what you say above.

With the huge number of people constantly scouring the world for a deal on AF15 I think its a long shot. I don't think anyone has ever posted where they picked one up for 1/2 FMV.

Maybe not exactly but I've been here a while and I saw deals on hulk #1 and AF15's that went for about 50-60% of fmv but those deals got scooped up quickly.

Are you talking about this site or a different one? I haven't seen any being offered at half off the fmv.

I've seen a 2.0 hulk on here for 6500 I believe and there were good deals and the AF15's can't remember what it was a the time but it was a good deal for sure. The af15 2.0 for 7k was a good deal as well :) this is off the top of my head but deals like this have happened here but like I said they get picked up quickly.

While they might have been a "good deal", that's hardly the 50% of FMV you're claiming. If you're claiming you can get close to getting books at 50% of FMV then I too might be interested in your services.

What I think is FMV? 7-8k for the AF15 2.0 and for the hulk #1 2.0 5-6k which I know is lower than gpa but if I were asked what I'd paid for it that would be it.

Here is an easier question. The prices you quoted above as "good deals" are very close to what you feel is the FMV of the books, in fact your FMV estimate on the Hulk is actually below the price you thought was a "good deal" in your example. How are you defining a "good deal"? It would appear that losing $500-1500 on the Hulk #1 would qualify, based on what you say above.

I define a "good deal" by being able to buy it, sell it and make a quick profit on it having the other person satisfied with the offer I gave them.

I define a "good deal" by being able to buy it, sell it and make a quick profit on it having the other person satisfied with the offer I gave them.

Where is the "good deal" on either of those books above based on that definition?

Yes my client usually buy for 50-75% of fmv and usually starts at 50% he the guy asked for payment through pp protection if that helps anything. I haven't asked what would happen should a deal go sour.

just a word of advice, it's probably best to document the relationship, the parameters and the processes involved in procuring a book. And then you two come to an agreement on it.

How is your payment detailed? Do you get a percentage? A sliding scale percentage? flat rate?

again, all things that should be in writing...

This!!! Better have everything all laid out. All of it!!!! You need to think about the potential problems and what you are going to do to fix them, should they arise.

I said it in your journal thread, and I'll say again (although you refuse to listen to any of us), step back & scale it down. Take some time to figure out how this all works.

I find it very hard to believe that you found an AF#15 CGC 2.5 SS for under 5 figures. If you did, that's pretty impressive.

I don't think your homeowners insurance would cover you if this situation goes bad.

Yes my client usually buy for 50-75% of fmv and usually starts at 50% he the guy asked for payment through pp protection if that helps anything. I haven't asked what would happen should a deal go sour.

just a word of advice, it's probably best to document the relationship, the parameters and the processes involved in procuring a book. And then you two come to an agreement on it.

How is your payment detailed? Do you get a percentage? A sliding scale percentage? flat rate?

This!!! Better have everything all laid out. All of it!!!! You need to think about the potential problems and what you are going to do to fix them, should they arise.

I said it in your journal thread, and I'll say again (although you refuse to listen to any of us), step back & scale it down. Take some time to figure out how this all works.

I find it very hard to believe that you found an AF#15 CGC 2.5 SS for under 5 figures. If you did, that's pretty impressive.

I don't think your homeowners insurance would cover you if this situation goes bad.

I think he may be smarter then we give him credit for. He said the seller is requiring the buying to pay via PayPal and then he is getting his cut when things go smoothly. So what is his risk other then losing out on his commission? And if the deal goes well who wouldn't pay him the finders fee to get a key book at rock bottom prices. He probably would make more money by buying the book himself and flipping it but if he is selling high dollar books with virtually no risk then kudos to him.

True, but if you factor in all the time looking and bartering for deals that never go through vs those that do where a commission is made it must come out to about $1 an hour wage.

True, but if you factor in all the time looking and bartering for deals that never go through vs those that do where a commission is made it must come out to about $1 an hour wage.

Doesn't sound like he is doing much with his time so $1 an hour is better then nothing. I know there is a whole back story on him and I've not taken the time to read his blog. He may be over his head but as long as he stays away from the Russian Maffia he should be ok.

Still working on that AF15 2.5 SS deal and yes homeowners insurance wouldn't cover should something go wrong and I'm looking at collectibles insurance in Canada and have about 5 companies that would fit the bill.

Explain the details of the deal if you want actual advice.

Details? Well this is a deal for a af15 cgc 2.5 signed by stan lee and my client is interested in buying it.

That's all there is to the deal for now really (shrug) and that they asked me to find out of he's legit or not and I looked but couldn't really find anything about him.

How did your client find out about this AF15 SS?

And is this a straight up yellow label, or is it restored/qualified?

Because 4-figures (under $10K) for a AF15 2.5 SS unqualified/unrestored sounds "too good to be true".

I found it for the since they told me they were looking for mega keys and it's a yellow label with no resto and it's not hard to believe that you can get a comic I had previous deals work out for similar amounts for the same comic and the client got it but I'm not sure about the guy selling it.

"same comic"?

Wait, so how many times have you bought and sold an AF15 at prices like this?

???

I think he may be smarter then we give him credit for. He said the seller is requiring the buying to pay via PayPal and then he is getting his cut when things go smoothly. So what is his risk other then losing out on his commission? And if the deal goes well who wouldn't pay him the finders fee to get a key book at rock bottom prices. He probably would make more money by buying the book himself and flipping it but if he is selling high dollar books with virtually no risk then kudos to him.

Yes I would make more money buying and flipping the comic myself but I'm not at that level yet so I just find comics for other and the last two deals were 2 days with me only spending 3 hours to get everything done and the other two weeks with about 10 hours to finish.

Details? Well this is a deal for a af15 cgc 2.5 signed by stan lee and my client is interested in buying it.

That's all there is to the deal for now really (shrug) and that they asked me to find out of he's legit or not and I looked but couldn't really find anything about him.

Because 4-figures (under $10K) for a AF15 2.5 SS unqualified/unrestored sounds "too good to be true".

I found it for the since they told me they were looking for mega keys and it's a yellow label with no resto and it's not hard to believe that you can get a comic I had previous deals work out for similar amounts for the same comic and the client got it but I'm not sure about the guy selling it.

"same comic"?

???

so far twice and is this 2.5 ss works out it will be my third af15 at a price like that ;)

Doesn't sound like he is doing much with his time so $1 an hour is better then nothing. I know there is a whole back story on him and I've not taken the time to read his blog. He may be over his head but as long as he stays away from the Russian Maffia he should be ok.

Andrew, you might know it already but you know: I like you. You’re a good guy. :)

Andrew, you might know it already but you know: I like you. You’re a good guy. :)

Don't tell everyone - it's a secret!

"same comic"?

???

so far twice and is this 2.5 ss works out it will be my third af15 at a price like that ;)

Wow! If you're finding multiple copies of AF15 for WAY under FMV (which this one sounds like to me)... WTH do you need "clients" for?

(shrug)

"same comic"?

???

Is so confusing trying to figure out what you're saying sometimes. What do you mean you're client got it but you're not sure if the seller did? Did they not get paid?