• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

I think this thread has run its course, nothing new being extracted here. I think people have made their points by now, and OP has gained as much from it as he is able/willing.

Let's keep what's best about these boards alive, and not delve into what its worst looks like.

I'm in a similar situation as the OP, and have been for a few years now. A friend of mine wants a Hulk #1 in VG condition, raw and A) doesn't want to over-pay aka buy it graded (even though a mutual friend has gotten burned about 6 times with PLODs) B) doesn't understand that this is a book where the value keeps skyrocketing C) has a budget of $5,000.

So, needless to say, I am a broken record; 'you'll never find this book in the condition you want, for that price and its only going up in value so waiting only hurts you.'

I'd recommend you do the same with your client, have him wait a little longer until you find a seller you are comfortable with. Good luck!

Jerome

Thanks and tbh I'm not sure why it stayed open as long as it did and most of what is said here useless but the people that seriously have good info to give I'll be reading this later.

People end up in court because they didn't respect something. If they continue with the lack of respect by their dress, attitude, then the Judge is justified in hammering them.

I ended up in court because I work there lol. I wouldn't call a Hugo Boss suit, a French Cuff shirt (with cufflinks) wing tips, and a Chanel tie "lack of respect by their dress" (Yes I remember what I was wearing, I am very (annoyingly) brand loyal and always buy the same things for work clothing. My work closet looks like Superman's lol same outfit over and over)

The reason for the beard is because without it, I look like I'm 18. My clients generally prefer to feel like they are being represented by a 5+ year JP and not a fresh face kid right out of high school.

Some people show up to court in jeans and a shirt because that is the nicest outfit they own. Just because someone can afford a Zegna suit does not mean they should be treated any differently then the destitute defendant who shows up in his nicest outfit (clean jeans and a t-shirt)

Exactly. A focus on those things by a judge make me question whether someone of lower income, a different race (with an ethnic hairstyle), or a different religion (with a different hairstyle or manner of dress) is going to get a fair shake in that court room.

Equating "respect" with a hairstyle and manner of dress from 40 years ago is pretty ignorant, IMO. Of course, I generally assume that people wearing ties aren't mentally all there because they're cutting the circulation off to their brain. :D

I think this thread has run its course, nothing new being extracted here. I think people have made their points by now, and OP has gained as much from it as he is able/willing.

Let's keep what's best about these boards alive, and not delve into what its worst looks like.

Amen.

People end up in court because they didn't respect something. If they continue with the lack of respect by their dress, attitude, then the Judge is justified in hammering them.

I ended up in court because I work there lol. I wouldn't call a Hugo Boss suit, a French Cuff shirt (with cufflinks) wing tips, and a Chanel tie "lack of respect by their dress" (Yes I remember what I was wearing, I am very (annoyingly) brand loyal and always buy the same things for work clothing. My work closet looks like Superman's lol same outfit over and over)

The reason for the beard is because without it, I look like I'm 18. My clients generally prefer to feel like they are being represented by a 5+ year JP and not a fresh face kid right out of high school.

Some people show up to court in jeans and a shirt because that is the nicest outfit they own. Just because someone can afford a Zegna suit does not mean they should be treated any differently then the destitute defendant who shows up in his nicest outfit (clean jeans and a t-shirt)

you wish :baiting:

Sure, but when their DISCRETION appears to be more about power than justice, I would rather not have that judge on the bench. Judges are elected in my area, and I would not vote for him.

He is legally able to do what he is doing, but I still think he is a tool, and I suspect that he probably is administering justice in a way that works against groups he thinks are less desirable than others.

See, now YOU have expectations of decorum that are different than the judge. So if YOU were a judge you wouldn't probably allow outbursts of F-bombs, people constantly flipping you off, waving swastika flags or attorneys and defendants arriving in beach-wear, togas or filthy boxer shorts.

And for every one of those limitations on decorum that YOU would insist on, there's people out there who would think YOU'RE the one who's a power-drunk tool who is "working against" them rather than accepting them as they are.

And you have also cast a pretty wide judgement/generalization about the judge "probably administering justice in a way that works against groups he thinks are less desirable than others". That's now a general prejudice YOU have against that judge based SOLELY on his expectation of courtroom decorum..... just how you're accusing HIM of being prejudiced against people based on THEIR expectation of decorum.

;)

You'll note that I also wrote--

"Now that may be all wrong. He may be a great judge, but knowing only that one thing about him makes me distrustful of him."

I am naturally distrustful of people exercising power with the force of the police and the government behind them. That power is often abused. The reference to Woodstock makes me suspect that this judge is not one I would vote for.

Of course, I generally assume that people wearing ties aren't mentally all there because they're cutting the circulation off to their brain. :D

Clip-ons, man! Problem solved!

But I wouldn't want people like me to think I was actually wearing a real tie and then treat me like I'm not all there. :D

Honestly, I do think the tie is one of the strangest parts of our culture, along with the intense desire to cultivate a perfect monoculture of manicured Kentucky Bluegrass to surround our homes.

Curiosity piqued my interest, so I watched a video the young man posted on YouTube. First observation is please, for goodness sake, cut your fingernails. Nothing says lack of personal hygiene like a male with long fingernails. Second observation with be in the form of a Star Trek reference I hope is not lost on the audience: I fear you do not have the lobes for this business. I wish you a fruitful endeavor none the less.

I thought the same thing about the nails. jeez man...so your excuse for not cutting your nails is because it grows out too fast?

No they grow fast but I'm clumsy with knives and my long fingernails stopped me cutting my fingers off about 5 times so far.

Wait...

You don't cut your fingernails because you might cut yourself with a knife?

And when you do cut them they grow back like a vampire?

Have you ever worked in the food service industry?

This thread reminds me so much of a thread in a car forum I am on.

The best line in it was, "This thread is no longer about cat's, it is about Badgers now!"

I am lost on what stance I should take on which argument. Are we arguing Kentucky Blue Grass is better than Centipede Grass or bow ties versus standard or skinny tie.

This thread should just die to avoid feeding the troll any longer.

Curiosity piqued my interest, so I watched a video the young man posted on YouTube. First observation is please, for goodness sake, cut your fingernails. Nothing says lack of personal hygiene like a male with long fingernails. Second observation with be in the form of a Star Trek reference I hope is not lost on the audience: I fear you do not have the lobes for this business. I wish you a fruitful endeavor none the less.

I thought the same thing about the nails. jeez man...so your excuse for not cutting your nails is because it grows out too fast?

No they grow fast but I'm clumsy with knives and my long fingernails stopped me cutting my fingers off about 5 times so far.

Wait...

We need to talk about why you use a knife to cut your nails.

Wait...

We need to talk about why you use a knife to cut your nails.

Nosferatu nails.

I absolutely agree with this. However, there is the flip side to how those clothes are worn. I cringe when I see the defendant in baggy jeans that are belted mid to upper thigh level so their boxers are on full display with their 'colors' hanging out the back pocket and the baseball cap on sideways.

A T-Shirt and jeans may be the nicest outfit that the defendant may own but their is no need to gangsta it up and expect not to be treated like a gangsta. If you are accused of doing something wrong, show some respect and humility and it can go a LONG way. If you want to act like some wannabe gangster skell perp then do not be surprised when things don't exactly work out the way you want.

Ok but from what's been happening on this thread mostly I thought you were mocking me by looking for a comic for someone else and posting it here if that wasn't the intention I apologize but it did look like that in my eyes had you not told me otherwise.

you read it VERY wrong I'm afraid.

So it is I've also sent him a apology pm and it's worded professionally imo.

I know you are trying and you mean well. You really need to do more grinding and cutting of your teeth as the expression goes.

I have been in this hobby since I was a little kid with my first GI Joe comics and my Transformers comics. I have dabbled in selling since 1998 and I am still learning.

Amazingly I got a random PM from this guy to my ebay account offering an AF #15 CGC 2.5...

True story - happened yesterday.

I blocked him.

This the mystery "seller" - because sending random pms via ebay (via a listing for Spiderman and has Amazing Friends #1) - sets off every red flag in the world....

"New message from: borod-pavel (20Yellow Star)

Hi. I am selling AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 2.5 1962. Price $6500 (paypal). If you are interested in it reply me please."

And his details - "Based in Russian Federation, borod-pavel has been an eBay member since 30 Jun, 2015"