• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

Amazingly I got a random PM from this guy to my ebay account offering an AF #15 CGC 2.5...

True story - happened yesterday.

I blocked him.

This the mystery "seller" - because sending random pms via ebay (via a listing for Spiderman and has Amazing Friends #1) - sets off every red flag in the world....

"New message from: borod-pavel (20Yellow Star)

Hi. I am selling AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 2.5 1962. Price $6500 (paypal). If you are interested in it reply me please."

And his details - "Based in Russian Federation, borod-pavel has been an eBay member since 30 Jun, 2015"

:idea:

Dude, are you crazy? You should facilitate a sale!!!

:jokealert:

Ok but from what's been happening on this thread mostly I thought you were mocking me by looking for a comic for someone else and posting it here if that wasn't the intention I apologize but it did look like that in my eyes had you not told me otherwise.

you read it VERY wrong I'm afraid.

So it is I've also sent him a apology pm and it's worded professionally imo.

I know you are trying and you mean well. You really need to do more grinding and cutting of your teeth as the expression goes.

I have been in this hobby since I was a little kid with my first GI Joe comics and my Transformers comics. I have dabbled in selling since 1998 and I am still learning.

Ya like how to ship a book you lost fair and square :sumo:

Ok but from what's been happening on this thread mostly I thought you were mocking me by looking for a comic for someone else and posting it here if that wasn't the intention I apologize but it did look like that in my eyes had you not told me otherwise.

I know you are trying and you mean well. You really need to do more grinding and cutting of your teeth as the expression goes.

I have been in this hobby since I was a little kid with my first GI Joe comics and my Transformers comics. I have dabbled in selling since 1998 and I am still learning.

Ya like how to ship a book you lost fair and square :sumo:

The Superman 3?

Amazingly I got a random PM from this guy to my ebay account offering an AF #15 CGC 2.5...

True story - happened yesterday.

I blocked him.

This the mystery "seller" - because sending random pms via ebay (via a listing for Spiderman and has Amazing Friends #1) - sets off every red flag in the world....

"New message from: borod-pavel (20Yellow Star)

Hi. I am selling AMAZING FANTASY #15 CGC 2.5 1962. Price $6500 (paypal). If you are interested in it reply me please."

And his details - "Based in Russian Federation, borod-pavel has been an eBay member since 30 Jun, 2015"

well what do you know you found him as well.

Curiosity piqued my interest, so I watched a video the young man posted on YouTube. First observation is please, for goodness sake, cut your fingernails. Nothing says lack of personal hygiene like a male with long fingernails. Second observation with be in the form of a Star Trek reference I hope is not lost on the audience: I fear you do not have the lobes for this business. I wish you a fruitful endeavor none the less.

I thought the same thing about the nails. jeez man...so your excuse for not cutting your nails is because it grows out too fast?

No they grow fast but I'm clumsy with knives and my long fingernails stopped me cutting my fingers off about 5 times so far.

Wait...

You don't cut your fingernails because you might cut yourself with a knife?

And when you do cut them they grow back like a vampire?

Have you ever worked in the food service industry?

As a dishwasher and prep cook but I had to trim my nails so I had a lot of close calls.

I'm not sure what that expression is but I think that the gist is I need to learn more correct?

I'm not sure what that expression is but I think that the gist is I need to learn more correct?

Dude, honestly: GOOGLE...

"cutting your teeth" idiom

cut your teeth (British, American & Australian) also cut your eye teeth (American)

to get your first experience of a particular type of work and learn the basic skills (often + on ) She cut her teeth on a local newspaper before landing a job on a national daily.

It is really hard to believe the things you claim while you continue to post like you do.

cut your teeth (British, American & Australian) also cut your eye teeth (American)

to get your first experience of a particular type of work and learn the basic skills (often + on ) She cut her teeth on a local newspaper before landing a job on a national daily.

It is really hard to believe the things you claim while you continue to post like you do.

I checked it on google after I said that just to see if I was right or not.

I checked it on google after I said that just to see if I was right or not.

:shrug:

ok...