• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's LEGION TV show by FX
1 1

289 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

I haven't seen much from the show that's actually from the comics, as far as the story goes, just his character's mental history and relation to Xavier. I just try to enjoy what I see, and assume that eventually, Jon Hamm will tell me what's going on.

:insane:

That guy keeps the best Legion secrets.

On 4/12/2018 at 10:30 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Wow this show's ratings went from being in the toilet to being in the sewer with the C.H.U.D.'s.  A big week over week drop (after an already remarkably weak Season 2 premiere) to a dismal 0.21 probably even has Fox executives wondering why, exactly, this pretentious, empty headed, vapid drivel was renewed.  

-J.

Renewed again. 

'Legion' Finally Gives David Haller His Comics Accurate Look and Name

legion-david-haller-1114337.jpeg

legion-marvel-legacy-1114338.jpeg

Not only is the hair accurate, but the outfit he’s wearing is also straight from the comics, borrowed from the X-Men: Legacy run of Simon Spurrier and Tan Eng Huat.

In addition, this was also the first episode of Legion where someone within the show’s universe refers to David Haller as Legion. The show’s second season has been hinting that David may be hearing voices even after having the Shadow King removed from his mind. Syd Barrett from the future has also sent messages back in time to warn David and others that the Shadow King needs to be allowed to find his body to protect from some greater, more powerful evil that would rise in Farouk’s absence.

In last night’s episode, Melanie Bird reveals what has been foreshadowed, that the greater evil in question is, in fact, David himself, and that his mind will eventually break and that he will be “Legion,” an immensely powerful mutant who destroys the world.

Watched the final episode over the weekend. Then immediately re-watched the opening scene. The whole thing I thought was great, and got to where it wanted to go pretty handily, without ending up like another "Oh, well, the bad guy got loose again" kind of situation.

Wonder if they'll introduce any new characters next season, good or bad.

With Marvel TV involved in the FX Legion TV show, looks like Season 3 is still happening in 2019.

‘Legion’ Season 3 Casts Lauren Tsai (EXCLUSIVE)

lauren-tsai.jpg?w=962&h=541&crop=1

Lauren Tsai has joined the third season of “Legion” at FX, Variety has learned exclusively. Tsai joins the series in the role of Switch, described as a young mutant whose secret ability serves as the key to executing David Haller’s plan.

The FX Network issued a press release announcing the third season of Legion will premiere on Monday, June 24th at 10 PM ET. The episode count is unknown as of yet, but the first season clocked in at eight while Season 2 ran for 11 episodes.

Some fans might be disappointed in the series ending, perhaps even blaming Disney for cleaning the slate of X-Men projects so they can incorporate them in the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But Hawley has already made it clear that the show was always planned to end after three seasons, and that he's telling the story he set out to from when the show began.

"When Noah came in the first day and told us what he wanted to do he told us the end of the story," said Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb during an interview with Decider. "It wasn’t like ‘I haven’t really figured out where this is gonna go, but this is what I wanna do.’ I’ve very often referred to being on the show as being on the Magical Mystery Tour and that Noah was our bus driver and that eventually he was going to say ‘Okay, time to get off.'"