• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's LEGION TV show by FX
1 1

289 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, The Brain said:

Just watched it and was totally blown way.  All this talk and not one mention of Syd Barret

(Pink Floyd anyone :grin:) This is on my must watch list now.

I had read that on another forum (I know - forum cheating - call me a bad forum boyfriend), and someone had called out the Pink Floyd rather fast.

So one theory about the Yellow-Eyed Man with the large frame is it is actually David seeing himself for real, and that he is under the control of the Shadow King.

Amahl Farouk returned in The New Mutants #34 (December 1985), revealed as possessing Karma since issue #6. Later appearing throughout Uncanny X-Men, the character does not refer to himself as Shadow King until issue #265 (August 1990). X-Treme X-Men and X-Men: True Friends developed the Shadow King into an entity of the astral plane which has existed since the dawn of humanity, an ethereal demon preferring to enslave the bodies of telepaths and psychics and use their capabilities to enslave others. As a side effect of its greed, hedonism and lack of self-control, the Shadow King's long-term telepathic hosts are often morbidly obese.

That last line is what some have focused on, and assume this is David we are seeing as he becomes self-aware of his situation.

k0r7lMM.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

on a side note. That fat slimey dude looks nothing like mojo. Where are the brain tubes? The eye clamps? 

Just a fat old dude

With Thor's cinematic helmet, which had all of one scene ever compared to decades of use in the comic books?

:insane:

I watched the first ep

i found it entertaining and confusing, in a good way. I'm intrigued and will keep watching

53 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

What's the assumptions about the large fellow in the cave that forms once Ms. Bird touches David's hand? A large David being manipulated by the Shadow King, or some form of morph of Mojo?

CigwcGx.jpg

I just want to know why no one else seems to see him

Edited by The Brain
change -script

24 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I hope the fat-chinned guy isn't Mojo.  The Mojoverse is so out there I would expect the show to lose a big chunk of their audience if they introduce it.

I guess it depends on how the show creators handle this. But I can see what you mean. It would be like the wildest nightmare the Joker ever had in his head - if he was allowed to dream Marvel dreams.

:insane:

11 hours ago, The Brain said:

I just want to know why no one else seems to see him

Another theory is it is one of David's personalities, which by looking back on him before departing it was his way of saying farewell to that single personality.

Now watch in Episode Two it turns out to be something simple to explain, and all this deep thinking goes out the window.

:|

On 2/12/2017 at 10:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

I had read that on another forum (I know - forum cheating - call me a bad forum boyfriend), and someone had called out the Pink Floyd rather fast.

So one theory about the Yellow-Eyed Man with the large frame is it is actually David seeing himself for real, and that he is under the control of the Shadow King.

That last line is what some have focused on, and assume this is David we are seeing as he becomes self-aware of his situation.

As a side effect of its greed, hedonism and lack of self-control, the Shadow King's long-term telepathic hosts are often morbidly obese.

On 2/12/2017 at 10:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

k0r7lMM.jpg

Nose looks the same.  I'm on board with this theory @Bosco685

mind-blown.gif

These are very trippy early episodes. But it is wild how they stop his memories for a moment to examine what is taking place. I was getting into some of the more emotional scenes, and then Melanie Bird and Ptonomy show up and stop the scene to ask questions. I think David was seeing his sister captured by Division Three real-time while in the exam room, versus it being a memory.

I liked the Talking Heads 'Road To Nowhere' rendition at the beginning.

Wonder if there is a hidden meaning here in the song.

Edited by Bosco685

I'm sorry. I know this is probably going to end up being Shadow King, or some other villain. But this show is forcing me to lean towards Mojo. Especially with those canvas video screens.

7lAjle8.jpg

Always watching. Always on.

emRJUl7.jpg