• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's LEGION TV show by FX
1 1

289 posts in this topic

Finished the season this weekend. (I'd have been done sooner, but decided to start back with Season 1 and watch it all again) 

A great season to end what has been a truly great show. The cinematography has been just amazing.

I've especially enjoyed the music and how it's been used, especially in the last few episodes, mainly because they're still fresh in my mind.

• That Rap battle was fun and totally unexpected. 
  • The segment with Pink Floyd's "Mother" was great.
  • Using "Happy Jack" (The Who) as the song to end the series was a great tie in to the first episode of Season 1 where it was used to begin it.

I also really liked

Spoiler

The actual resolution to the conflict between David and the Shadow King wasn't David triumphantly killing the Shadow King forever, but rather Charles and Amal Farouk talking things out over a beer and Farouk having genuinely changed and grown as a person/entity because of the time he's spent with David. In the end Farouk did end up being the one that saved the world, not by defeating David, but by convincing his younger self to change the path that he was headed on that would have led to everything that had happened. And that's just one of the several examples throughout the season emphasizing that it's possible for people, if they want it, to change.

A couple of quotes I thought were clever and enjoyed:

• "Change takes place over time. If you don't believe in change, then you don't believe in time."
  • Charles to David "We're telepaths. We don't have to take anyone at their word."

For me, this has been one of the few shows that I feel told an incredible story and completed it at its natural end and in a way that left me very much satisfied with the result.

Edited by Antpark
grammar

Marvel Television's first X-Men TV series eschewed the typical fare of superpowered fisticuffs, instead focusing on a cerebral story of how a young boy could grow up and become a monster. The story that showed the dark side of Charles Xavier's dream and the casualties it could create finally came to an end after three seasons, and David Haller finally found peace now that Legionhas finished on FX.

But this might not be the end of the story, according to Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb. The executive producer of Legion said that he's hopeful showrunner Noah Hawley will find a new story worth telling and return to the world of the X-Men in the near future.

"It’s a remarkable show created and visualized by an extraordinary filmmaker. Noah carried this from the start — told us how he wanted the show to begin and how he wanted it to end — and we’ve respected that," Loeb explained in an interview with Deadline. "Having FX as our partner made it very exciting as well from both a creative and marketing stand point."

When asked about a possible continuation of Legion, Loeb added, "As to the future, that world and those characters will always be there. It’s our hope that Noah will want to return to them is any capacity he thinks is worth telling. FX remains a huge priority for us because we can tell those unexpected stories there and John Landgraf is something of a visionary himself. They 'get' us and we 'get' them. We like all of that."

:whatthe:

Interesting, although I'd much rather him tell a new story using different characters from the Marvel universe, than reusing these existing ones. I'd prefer to leave this story (Legion) as is.

Well they were in a hard place by some of the missteps from late last season story wise. In the end it was a mostly hollow season that seemed to literally be designed to correct mistakes from previous seasons. 

I wont say I enjoyed it, or hated it. It was beautiful and flawed. The last 10 or so episodes didn’t fully ruin the first nearly 2/3 of a borderline flawless show, but it put a hole in it that couldn’t really be filled. 

I liked at the end they all just decided to start over. The time travelers arc was maybe my favorite part. She was great and I loved her ending. David, Farouk, Sydney, and Lenny were all sort of monsters who it seems got some sort of chance for redemption (well Lenny only partially) where you assume the sins of their past won’t be repeated. 

I guess this show is my “Game of Thrones”. Loved it til the end then felt sad how badly (some felt anyway) they botched it. Still worth the journey.

Really enjoyed the show - outstanding production values. Some of the stuff was so bizarre that I had to watch it a couple of times to understand what the hell was going on. Not sure if that is a case of not knowing the character well or if it was made to confuse the audience at points on purpose. Some of the imagery was just amazing though- sad to see it end though I get the impression more will be coming soon from the people who put this out.

In the context of our utterly divided world/politics/what have you, the ending is even more satisfying.  The time traveler gal was cooler before she got all abstracted.  Other than that, no complaints... Season 2 lost me for a while, glad I gave it a second chance (again apropos).

Edited by exitmusicblue