• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's LEGION TV show by FX
1 1

289 posts in this topic

‘Legion’ Sets Debut Date For FX Marvel Series, Drops New Trailer

We knew that Legion was coming in February next year on FX and today we have an exact debut date plus a new trailer for the Marvel series from Noah Hawley.

The Dan Stevens starring show will premiere on February 8 at 10 PM, the cabler announced today as they offered a fresh look at the mutant drama.

http://deadline.com/2016/12/legion-marvel-debut-date-new-trailer-dan-stevens-noah-hawley-fx-video-1201864555/

This show has me very intrigued. If done right this could be a hit. I hope they have some easter eggs re: other mutants and don't try to change Legion to being a fricking Inhuman.........

Why We Want LEGION to Succeed

Stylized Superhero Television

We here at Comicbook.com have been staunch proponents of the idea that TV has surpassed cinema in terms of creativity and originality - and Legion continues to prove that point.

Dan Stevens

Hopefully Legion solidifies Stevens' as a TV star in addition to his impending movie stardom. The small screen needs big stars these days, and Legion has managed to land one of the most talented in the bunch.

Fresh Material

One selfish reason we have for wanting Legion to connect with viewers is so that we actually get enjoyment from something new and different in our superhero TV viewing.

Legion looks like it will be something new and original. Hopefully it's fresh material that we also enjoy, and delight in exploring deeper.

X-Men TV Universe

If Legion is a success, then Fox and Marvel will have the incentive to expand the X-Men franchise's presence on television. Even with all the films currently in development (X-Force, New Mutants, Gambit), there are still so many characters and properties in the X-Men canon that can be made into television series. We would like to see more of them make it to the screen.

Marvel Fox Partnerships

One of the more subtle but important things about Legion is that it represents the first real cooperative partnership between Marvel and Fox. While Fox owns the X-Men characters TV/Films rights, they've partnered with Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb (Agents of SHIELD, Marvel Netflix) to bring Legion to the screen.

:wishluck::wishluck:

When Fox starts doing stuff that is 'mysterious' and with "schizophrenic - or possibly not" type shows, I do worry.

The Marvel Netflix series worked because they were relatively easy to follow.

You can make great, but not straightforward TV - see Westworld - but after the FF debacle I'm not doing cartwheels.

I hope to be proved wrong, but the trailers didn't compel me to bookmark it on cable.

I don't mind Lucifer - it's just all a bit PG for me though.

There are some cracking one-liners (mostly for the Brits to get) but I can't help thinking Lucifer could be much better if given an adult rating and a later timeslot.

Some scenes cry out for some smut!

I thought this show looked like until I saw that the creator of it is a Pink Floyd fan and even named a character Syd Barrett. He says he was the show to look like a visual representation of "Dark Side of the Moon".

I thought this show looked like until I saw that the creator of it is a Pink Floyd fan and even named a character Syd Barrett. He says he was the show to look like a visual representation of "Dark Side of the Moon".

No wonder why the last poster looked so wild and colorful.