• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's LEGION TV show by FX
1 1

289 posts in this topic

:o

X-Men's Legion Seemingly Confirmed As Part Of Marvel Cinematic Universe

legion-in-the-mcu-192970.jpg

The exact status of how Legion fits into the ill-defined continuity of the X-Men cinematic universe has been a matter of some debate. At times it has sounded like the series will exist right alongside the X-Men movies, and at other times it sounds like it takes place in an alternate timeline, thereby avoiding having to deal with any pre-existing continuity.

What no one expected was for Legion to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but an article on Marvel.com suggests that may be the case. The article is a rundown of all of the new characters coming to the “MCU” that made a splash at Comic-Con, and Legion is right there on the list, alongside MCU heavies like Captain Marvel and Luke Cage.

Now, we should keep in mind that the article was written by someone who works for Marvel.com, and is not written by or quoting someone with any actual power to make those decisions. In other words, this could just be a typo or an oversight. On the other hand, Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada did pitch the Legion trailer as a “brand new Marvel show.”

It was shown as part of the Cup O' Joe Panel. That's Marvel.

I am not a fan of Legion, but all give this a look. Ive been surprised before.

It does look like it can come off the rails quite easy. But I think with all the franchises popping up on the small and big screen, FX doesn't want to be left out of the race.

I'm hoping that means solid development to get them there.

:wishluck:

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Director Bryan Singer Confirms That FX's LEGION Is Indeed A Part Of The X-Universe

X-Men: Apocalypse director and Legion EP Bryan Singer has offered some clarification on this during an interview at the Edinburgh Television Festival (via THR), seemingly confirming a TV/movie connection, and hinting that the events of the series may inform some of the things we'll see in upcoming X-flicks.

"[Legion is] part of the X-Men universe, but when you watched it, you wouldn’t have to label it, it could exist completely on its own. [it] will relate to future X-Men movies.”

Does this mean David Haller could be acknowledged as the son of Charles Xavier and pop up on the big screen at some point?

X-Men TV Series Legion Will Tell New Stories

The show is being developed by Noah Hawley, who is also the showrunner of FX's critically-acclaimed television series Fargo. According to Hawley, the approach he took with adapting the Coen Bros.' 1996 film to television will also be applied to Legion.

"So my approach to the Legion material is similar, which is it’s about a respect for the world, but it’s not about telling stories in that world that the reader is familiar with," Hawley told IGN. "It’s about taking that character and really exploring, almost on an existential level, what it’s like… What a television show can do that a movie can’t do is it’s not just a plot delivery device. It’s not about action, it’s about character and theme and as we see in Fargo, you can really play with structure and you can deconstruct the story in a big way. Whereas in a two-hour movie, it’s ‘What’s the problem? Where’s the bad guy? Let’s go get him!’

"So, I would be remiss, I feel like, if I didn’t deconstruct this, if I didn’t really try to do something for the genre that feels personal and interesting to me and to really explore if you have a character who for his whole life has believed that he’s schizophrenic, and is now starting to think that he may have these powers, but he doesn’t know and he doesn’t know what’s real – well, that’s the experience the audience should have. To be put into his world is to enter something that’s by definition surreal, because he’s hearing things, he’s seeing things… Are these things real or not real? What can you trust that you’re seeing? And he’s stuck in this moment until he meets a girl [syd, played by Fargo's Rachel Keller] and he falls in love and now he’s got something to hope for and that’s the catalyst that pushes everything forward. And, you know, I can never predict the reaction to the work. With Fargo, I could have done my best work and the reaction could have been the complete opposite. I have no control over that, all I can do is tell the best story that I can tell."

Marvel TV New York Comic Con Lineup Revealed: LEGION

With New York Comic-Con coming up next month, Marvel Television has revealed their official schedule.

FX Networks Presents: Legion

Sunday, October 9 – 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM

Join FX Networks and Marvel for an exclusive sneak peek at Legion, the highly-anticipated drama series from showrunner Noah Hawley, followed by a moderated discussion and audience Q&A. Inspired by the character from Marvel’s X-Men comics, Legion is the story of David Haller (Dan Stevens), a troubled young man who may be more than human.

This panel is one you will not want to miss!

I was waiting for this one.

Legion Producers Talk X-Men Movies And Marvel Connections At NYCC

Today at New York Comic Con the producers and cast members from FX’s upcoming X-Men-inspired television series Legion attended the show’s first convention panel. The panel included a screening of the first half of the Legion pilot, as well as a question and answer section.

Many of the questions revolved around how Legion connects to the X-Men movies, or even to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The producers took the opportunity to set certain things straight in the minds of fans looking forward to Legion.

Will fans see Legion reference the fact that David Haller, the series’ protagonist played by Dan Stevens, is the son of Professor X in the Marvel Comics Universe? “I don’t think you can tell that story without that element to it, so I will say you probably will,” showrunner Noah Hawley offered. Stevens added, “There’s a wheelchair in the first scene.”

How does Legion connect to the X-Men movies? “I think there’s a certain degree to where that’s to be determined,” Hawley said. “We’re in the subjective reality of David. We also begin to realize, we’re seeing this world through multiple layers of the confusion and signals that Dan’s character is getting. I think it would be a spoiler in a true sense to say. I really like the idea of making things that are unexpected and yet feel inevitable. I will say we are true to the origins of this character, and leave it at that.”

Will characters from the X-Men movies appear in Legion? “Probably not,” said executive producer Lauren Shuler Donner. Who oversees the X-Men franchise for Fox.

Jeph Loeb, an excutive producer for Marvel Television, added, “Wouldn’t that be great?”

Hawley offered a more in-depth answer, saying, “What I enjoyed with Fargo is, for the first three hours, it felt completely unconnected to the movie. We’ve got to earn the right to connect to the movie. I also know there are different waters to swim in. All I can do, all I can control, is the show.”

NYCC: Jemaine Clement Joins The Cast Of LEGION; Jeph Loeb Suggests Marvel And Fox Are Building Bridges

145836.jpg

The first half of FX's Legion pilot just screened at New York Comic-Con to a very positive reaction, and Noah Hawley and Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb were on hand to make a few very interesting announcements.

First, Hawley revealed that Jemaine Clement (What We Do in the Shadows, Flight of The Concords) will be joining the likes of Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza on the show, though he didn't reveal which character he'd be playing.

The bigger news, however, was Jeph Loeb stating that Marvel and Fox might be getting on the same page when it comes to the X-universe, and that Legion will definitely allude to the fact that Charles Xavier is David Haller's father. Does this mean we might finally see The X-Men and The Avengers in the same movie? That might be getting ahead of ourselves, but it's good to know that it's a possibility, at least.

:o:o:o

:whee: