• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Creeps: In the Warren tradition w/many original Warren artists and writers
2 2

110 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

Probably as disappointed as I was as mentioned in the post four above you. :baiting:

Yeah, I read your post and thought 9.0-9.2 would be ok. Sadly, these were quite a bit below that.

They did get back to me and are replacing the beat up copies.  Said all orders are inspected while being boxed up, so it must have happened during shipping. It didn't look like it to me, but we'll see how the next batch looks upon arrival.

This happens a lot today ... even with comics. I have a dear friend who has run an LCS for 27 years. He is retiring because he's tired of receiving unsaleable damaged goods that comprise sometimes 50% of his order. It's a condition conscious market and his suppliers seem to have very little concern. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 1/14/2021 at 6:10 AM, boomtown said:

Yeah, I read your post and thought 9.0-9.2 would be ok. Sadly, these were quite a bit below that.

They did get back to me and are replacing the beat up copies.  Said all orders are inspected while being boxed up, so it must have happened during shipping. It didn't look like it to me, but we'll see how the next batch looks upon arrival.

Got the replacement magazines in today. The new copies shipped out are 100% better than 9/10s of the original mags sent. I'd be very happy if they could send out this quality of mags every time. Thumbs up to Warrant for taking care of my concerns quickly and positively.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:13 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Here is a nice looking one coming out from Warrant tomorrow.

VC3.jpg

1st time seeing that Frazetta ... the Viking ship in the surf is one of those subtle touches that are often in his work. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I wish I could have got in on this from the beginning.   But I have picked up a few of the more recent issues.   I did subscribe to their version of Vampirella "Vampiress Carmilla."  I just got the 3rd issue a couple days ago and so far all 3 have been decent (still reading issue 3).  Just like the Warren of old, a few good stories and a couple dogs but the still more good than bad.  Love the homage to Warren.  Warrant really nailed that.

IMPORTANT ALERT!!! This Fall, 2021, the name of "The Creeps" magazine will be changing to "Shudder" magazine. Warrant Publishing Company and New Comic Company have both determined that to avoid the potential million dollar costs and time involved in litigating a potentially years long court case, it is in the mutual interest of both parties to finalize a settlement that was negotiated by the attorneys representing both parties. A non-disclosure clause in this agreement blocks the release of the settlement details, but one result is that "The Creeps" magazine will continue to be published uninterrupted under the name "Shudder" magazine starting in Fall, 2021. The final issue of "The Creeps" magazine will be issue #32. The story contents of "Shudder" will be the same as "The Creeps," but the numbering of "Shudder" magazine will re-set at issue #1. Subscribers to "The Creeps" will continue receiving their copies every two months, without interruption. Thank you for your attention. With the resolutions of this case, we are excited about entering a new phase of business here Warrant Publishing Company. We look forward to continuing to bring you the World's #1 illustrated horror magazines in the great Warren tradition for many years to come.

May be an image of text that says 'ATTENTION!!! THIS THISFALL THE CREEPS ISBECOMING THE BEST IN ILLUSTRATED TERROR AND SUSPENSE SHUDDER A WARRANT MAGAZINE SUBSCRIBERS WILL CONTINUE RECEIVING COPIES UNINTERRUPTED! THE FIRST ISSUE OF SHUDDER WILL BE NUMBERED NUME ISSUENO 1! www.ShudderMagazine.com'

Just finished reading the back issues of Vampiress Carmilla and the Creeps that I ordered from Warrant.  The stories are great (some are hit or miss), the art is fantastic, and the books truly capture the old Warren feel. This is why I love this board - if it wasn’t for this post, I never would have known these existed. I’ve now added them to my pull list at my LCS.  If you like the old Warrens, you should definitely check these out.