• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Creeps: In the Warren tradition w/many original Warren artists and writers
2 2

110 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2023 at 8:24 PM, OtherEric said:

A quick question:  I ordered the issues of Vampiress Carmilla I was missing directly from Warrant.  They say it takes 3-8 weeks to deliver.  I was wondering if they actually gave notification when they ship, or if I just wait until they show up.

And, never mind.  They sent me tracking info tonight, in the time between me first asking and now. 

On 2/11/2023 at 2:29 AM, OtherEric said:

And, never mind.  They sent me tracking info tonight, in the time between me first asking and now. 

Curious as to their condition when they show up. NM or not so much? I've been thinking about placing an order myself. Any info you could provide would be great!

On 2/11/2023 at 4:46 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Curious as to their condition when they show up. NM or not so much? I've been thinking about placing an order myself. Any info you could provide would be great!

I'll let you know when I get them.  What I've heard from others indicate they're not generally super high grade, though. 

On 2/10/2023 at 10:24 PM, OtherEric said:

A quick question:  I ordered the issues of Vampiress Carmilla I was missing directly from Warrant.  They say it takes 3-8 weeks to deliver.  I was wondering if they actually gave notification when they ship, or if I just wait until they show up.

All three of my orders from Warrant (CREEPS, SHUDDER and VC) have come around the 5-6 week mark.  I don't believe I received a notice from Warrant, but since I had paid through PayPal, I did get a notice from PayPal when Warrant added the shipping information, so I had a few days heads up.

On 2/11/2023 at 1:29 AM, OtherEric said:

I guess I should have read the rest of the replies.  Sounds like yours are going to be a quicker turnaround than mine, but then, I ordered like all existing issues of each title, so it might have taken a little longer to fulfull.

On 2/11/2023 at 6:46 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

On 2/11/2023 at 1:01 PM, OtherEric said:

I'll let you know when I get them.  What I've heard from others indicate they're not generally super high grade, though. 

I was pretty happy with the runs of The CREEPS and VAMPIRESS CARMILLA that I received from Warrant.  They weren't all 9.8s, but pretty much all of them would land somewhere in the 9s, and I would suspect a good number in the 9.2-9.6 range.  Some of the SHUDDERs, on the other hand, had some defects that I wasn't too happy to see on brand-new, direct-from-the-publisher books--one had a small corner crease, one had a little scuffing, one had some spine tics.  It wasn't enough to send them back, but I'm glad there were only 8 SHUDDERs in this order, compared to the 36 CREEPS and 12 VCs that were all pretty sharp.

You can see what mine look like in my Other Warranted Warrenesque Warrenness gallery.

Edited by Axe Elf

On 2/11/2023 at 11:18 AM, Axe Elf said:

I guess I should have read the rest of the replies.  Sounds like yours are going to be a quicker turnaround than mine, but then, I ordered like all existing issues of each title, so it might have taken a little longer to fulfull.

Yeah, I'm only getting 5 issues in this lot.  I got the rest either off the stands or from @Dr. Balls during his recent sale.  It's now on my pull list at my LCS.

And the books came in.  Some have some minor dings, and I can't say much for the packaging... they were just in a cardboard envelope with no other protection.  But they're all VF+ to NM and that's plenty good for my purposes.  But I don't think your odds of getting 9.8 candidates are great... only one of the five books I got might be a candidate.

I'm happy with them, though.  Great covers!

On 2/17/2023 at 5:59 PM, OtherEric said:

they were just in a cardboard envelope with no other protection.

Ugh.  At least I ordered enough of them that I qualified for an actual cardboard box!  But yeah, they weren't boarded and bagged or anything.

Looks like the new SHUDDER will be recycling the classic Frazetta VAMPIRELLA #5 cover.  If you like the painting, you can get a free (small) poster of it if you pre-order.

(No, I don't know how many times they fold it for mailing.)

image.thumb.png.2da5945000341ec01147e7d006414a59.png