• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA you're tired of seeing on ebay.

114 posts in this topic

All the Golden Age DVDs me off.

22255983849_14f3f71322_b.jpg

So, these sellers could obtain a DVD's worth of material by downloading public domain comics for free from Digital Comic Museum?

Cheeky.

There are books that have been listed for an eternity. I kinda even feel sorry for the sellers but as mentioned in past posts, eBay is but a recycle bin. Hardly anything of note ever comes from there anymore.

eBay is but a recycle bin. Hardly anything of note ever comes from there anymore.

And when something of note does appear, an auction house swoops in and convinces the seller to end the auction and consign the books to them.

About 75% of all the endlessly relisted GA books.

..... how about the 45% of all books listed in the GA section that aren't even Golden Age ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There's that too. I get tired of having to scroll through page after page of low grade Boy Comics, Real Clues and sci-fi booklets.

And then there's the tiny fraction of books that you do want, nearly all of which have a nice hefty GSP charge. Or they're overpriced anyway.

The GA section requires patience...

If all the stuff listed in the GA section that isn't GA drives you nuts, don't go look at the OA section. It is 10x worse :facepalm:

You got that right. I rarely even look there anymore.

I use to spend time reporting stuff to eBay that broke the listing rules but found they didn't really care so I stopped. eBay is like your junk drawer at home.

People still go on eBay to buy comics?!

Just picked up 5 reader grade Atlas horror books yesterday on The Bay.

Most of the time the desirable stuff gets bid up beyond the "good deal" range, but sometimes ya score.

And then there are books that you've been searching a long time for, and have to pay through the nose, but they are there, when no dealer has them.

People still go on eBay to buy comics?!

Just picked up 5 reader grade Atlas horror books yesterday on The Bay.

Most of the time the desirable stuff gets bid up beyond the "good deal" range, but sometimes ya score.

And then there are books that you've been searching a long time for, and have to pay through the nose, but they are there, when no dealer has them.

..... this is SO true...... and if the "right" book shows up, I'll go double GPA high in a second.... and be glad for the chance. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

eBay is but a recycle bin. Hardly anything of note ever comes from there anymore.

And when something of note does appear, an auction house swoops in and convinces the seller to end the auction and consign the books to them.

I agree. Nothing ticks me off more than when an item gets pulled early. Sometimes it's because of a private offer, but sometimes it's just because the bidding hadn't gone as high as the seller wanted it to by a certain point in time.

I don't mind items being relisted for a reasonable price, even if it's a strong price, but when books are listed for four or five times what any sane person would pay, that rubs me the wrong way because it tells me that the seller is a con-artist/scumbag who's just waiting to take advantage of a buyer who doesn't know any better.