• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA you're tired of seeing on ebay.

114 posts in this topic

DVD

DVDs

CD

CDs

Disk

Disks

Big Little Books

Pulps

Comic Books that aren't really comic books - picture story magazines, cartoon books, etc.

Tin Signs

Replicas

"Prints"

And this sorry sack cutting up old comics and selling them as separate "stories"...100's of them.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=comic+book+story&_sop=1&_ssn=kenyatabks&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_ipg=200&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcartoon+story.TRS0&_nkw=cartoon+story&_sacat=0

You know what makes me even madder than the GA section of eBay?

The lack of people selling GA Batman's I need in the sells forum. Now that really has me fuming :sumo:

That's because hardly anyone sells DC on these boards :(

I'm tired of seeing 1st app of Impulse in my saved search of Flash Comics #92 lol

Tired of seeing a lack of More Fun Comics. Its usually all late Green Arrow covers.

And of course low grade keys at high grade prices. Just sitting there.

I wish more Daredevil 37s were listed..

What is it that you like the most about this issue, Jimmers? Very nice cover.

DVD

DVDs

CD

CDs

Disk

Disks

Big Little Books

Pulps

Comic Books that aren't really comic books - picture story magazines, cartoon books, etc.

Tin Signs

Replicas

"Prints"

And this sorry sack cutting up old comics and selling them as separate "stories"...100's of them.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=comic+book+story&_sop=1&_ssn=kenyatabks&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_ipg=200&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcartoon+story.TRS0&_nkw=cartoon+story&_sacat=0

Good list there. I'd add refrigerator magnets. (thumbs u

DVD

DVDs

CD

CDs

Disk

Disks

Big Little Books

Pulps

Tin Signs

Replicas

"Prints"

Good list there. I'd add refrigerator magnets. (thumbs u

And mouse pads, don't forget the mouse pads !

DTA Collectibles "auctions"

Yup. Open up a listing, and darn... DTA. Grading not to my liking, mostly.

Pricing is what kills me. How people think they can full guide + on westerns and Dells is beyond me. Everything is VERY aggressivly priced and graded. I have made a few very fair offers on average books in the past and turned down. I wish I could just avoid their auctions all together.

It's funny, but what's occurred on The Bay seems to be exactly what took place out here at the local swap meet, which had been going on for years at the local speedway. Races on Saturday night, then the swap meet on Sunday, where ppl would clean out their garages and such and bring the items, spread out on a blanket.

Then, little by little, "dealers" would begin to display their wares, usually selling off-price seconds. Before you knew it, the "dealers" were almost taking over, and that's when we stopped going, a good 20 years ago or so.

AFA the golden age horror and sci-fi listings at eBay, it's a real PITA to have to wade through the damn DVD's and novel pocket books, which ARE NOT comics books, and in addition, see the wayyyy overpriced comics from dealers like DTA Col or Mycomicshop, cluttering things up.

Back when I started on eBay in '98, there were only about TWO pages of G/A horror, and they were ALL practically from individuals, no slabs, and affordable, for the most part.

I've posted full runs of a number of different titles here, ALL from eBay purchases, transacted about 10-17 years ago. No way that I'd be able to do that today; it's changed, thank you very much, and for the worse.

/end rant/

I have gotton outbid going 5-8 times guide on some things. There is just so little great stuff that anything good brings a frenzy it seems. A week or so I saw a Millie the Model #41 in around vg go for over $900.!!! It does have a GREAT DeCarlo cover but it probably "books" for $30. You do the math.

On the other side of the coin, I regularly get undergraded cool books from Adam Anderson (Blizzard) on the bay. Gotta step a little on the better stuff but love his Sunday auctions. Rest of the week is pretty much a bore fest...