• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA you're tired of seeing on ebay.

114 posts in this topic

Here are the first 3 items that came up when I did a search on eBay just now:

-- Catman Comics #5 Photocopy Comic Book

-- Detective Comics #27 May 1939 Batman Coffee Cup Mug

-- Phantom Lady #16 Photocopy Comic Book

All of them listed in Collectibles / Comics / Golden Age / Superhero -- even though eBay's GA section has a "Reprints" sub-category.

What a bunch of dillweeds. Please do not buy from these bottom-feeders.

Seconded. These photocopy listings are driving me nuts...

Hey, I was 12 years old and obnoxious...what can I say? :o Now I'm older and wiser, but still obnoxious...anyway, anyone who knew Leonard Brown knows how he liked to ban kids who didn't have hundreds of dollars to spend in his store... lol Pesky kids who just wanted to look at books and ask questions...

Kinda like when Harley turns his back on you and folds his arms... :cry: Ever seen Harley do that? Spend enough time at his booth and don't buy anything, and you will... lol

For the past several days, every time I check the newest Golden Age listings on eBay, I see the exact same books. Does eBay have a glitch, or is there skulduggery afoot?

One example out of hundreds. I did not want this book at 6:17...

Untitled-1.jpg

8:40 - What about now?

Untitled-2.jpg

11:06 - What about now?

Untitled-3.jpg

14:21 - What about now?

Untitled-3.jpg

16:40 - What about now?

Untitled-5.jpg

18:56 - What about now?

Untitled-6.jpg

No. No. No. No. No. :pullhair: Someone please make it stop....

For the past several days, every time I check the newest Golden Age listings on eBay, I see the exact same books. Does eBay have a glitch, or is there skulduggery afoot?

One example out of hundreds. I did not want this book at 6:17...

Untitled-1.jpg

8:40 - What about now?

Untitled-2.jpg

11:06 - What about now?

Untitled-3.jpg

14:21 - What about now?

Untitled-3.jpg

16:40 - What about now?

Untitled-5.jpg

18:56 - What about now?

Untitled-6.jpg

No. No. No. No. No. :pullhair: Someone please make it stop....

A seller gaming the system, I guess. Although ... that book looks kind of interesting! :D

There seems to be constant repeat listings in the eBay GA section from that particular seller at the moment - no sooner do they go down to page 8, than they're back. And half of those belong elsewhere. Plus these books have been regularly relisted for years.

I've got nothing against mycomicshop, but that's not cricket.

There was a bug in our inventory posting to eBay. Should be fixed now, sorry about that!

There seems to be another bug in your system; when I review Golden Age horror and Sci-Fi COMIC BOOKS, I have to scroll through PAGES of pulp magazines that you post there.

Can't you list them somewhere else? It's really annoying, and they are far from being considered as comic books.

And BTW, I DO buy comics from you every month, at your site.

There was a bug in our inventory posting to eBay. Should be fixed now, sorry about that!

There seems to be another bug in your system; when I review Golden Age horror and Sci-Fi COMIC BOOKS, I have to scroll through PAGES of pulp magazines that you post there.

Can't you list them somewhere else? It's really annoying, and they are far from being considered as comic books.

I have to agree with the part about the cheap pulps in the horror/sci-fi listings. Just noticed that once again they are all re-listed.

You guys probably already know this, but if you go to the advanced search function you can remove certain sellers from the results. I have a list of about 20 I remove, including those dorks that list DVD comic compilations and photocopy comics. Go to "sellers", "only show results from certain sellers", "exclude", then list the names you want out.

You can also search with negative keywords. If you want to look for comics without pulps, just type "-pulp" and it filters out any listings with "pulp" in the title.

Those two things, and moving the minimum price up to $5 or more to get rid of the junk, have made surfing eBay an infinitely better experience.

You guys probably already know this, but if you go to the advanced search function you can remove certain sellers from the results. I have a list of about 20 I remove, including those dorks that list DVD comic compilations and photocopy comics. Go to "sellers", "only show results from certain sellers", "exclude", then list the names you want out.

You can also search with negative keywords. If you want to look for comics without pulps, just type "-pulp" and it filters out any listings with "pulp" in the title.

Those two things, and moving the minimum price up to $5 or more to get rid of the junk, have made surfing eBay an infinitely better experience.

I knew about the negative keywords, but not the rest. Will try for sure. Thanks Andy!

I did not know this. Thank you for the tip!

I knew about the negative keywords, but not the rest. Will try for sure. Thanks Andy!

I took an hour and put together a list of sellers, negative keywords and other limits, ran the search, then bookmarked it so I don't have to re-do it every time. It has saved me a stupid amount of time and aggravation.

I've gone in and reassigned several non-comic related magazines to post to "Books > Magazine Back Issues", and our pulps I've moved from the Comic Platinum/Golden Age sections over to "Comics > Magazines". Looks like people are posting pulps about half and half between "Books > Magazine Back Issues" and "Comics > Magazines".

I've gone in and reassigned several non-comic related magazines to post to "Books > Magazine Back Issues", and our pulps I've moved from the Comic Platinum/Golden Age sections over to "Comics > Magazines". Looks like people are posting pulps about half and half between "Books > Magazine Back Issues" and "Comics > Magazines".

Thank you sir!