GA you're tired of seeing on ebay.
1 1

114 posts in this topic

10,063 posts
All the Golden Age DVDs me off.

22255983849_14f3f71322_b.jpg

So, these sellers could obtain a DVD's worth of material by downloading public domain comics for free from Digital Comic Museum?

Cheeky.

12,600 posts

If all the stuff listed in the GA section that isn't GA drives you nuts, don't go look at the OA section. It is 10x worse :facepalm:

23,755 posts

There are books that have been listed for an eternity. I kinda even feel sorry for the sellers but as mentioned in past posts, eBay is but a recycle bin. Hardly anything of note ever comes from there anymore.

29,525 posts
eBay is but a recycle bin. Hardly anything of note ever comes from there anymore.

And when something of note does appear, an auction house swoops in and convinces the seller to end the auction and consign the books to them.

39,506 posts

I wish more Daredevil 37s were listed..

52,727 posts
About 75% of all the endlessly relisted GA books.

..... how about the 45% of all books listed in the GA section that aren't even Golden Age ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There's that too. I get tired of having to scroll through page after page of low grade Boy Comics, Real Clues and sci-fi booklets.

And then there's the tiny fraction of books that you do want, nearly all of which have a nice hefty GSP charge. Or they're overpriced anyway.

The GA section requires patience...

53,914 posts

People still go on eBay to buy comics?!

5,389 posts
I wish more Daredevil 37s were listed..

Just for you Jimmers!

<a  href=https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8509/8456675200_283c6be60c_z.jpg' alt='8456675200_283c6be60c_z.jpg'>IMG DAREDEVIL #37

mm

139 posts
If all the stuff listed in the GA section that isn't GA drives you nuts, don't go look at the OA section. It is 10x worse :facepalm:

You got that right. I rarely even look there anymore.

12,600 posts

You got that right. I rarely even look there anymore.

I use to spend time reporting stuff to eBay that broke the listing rules but found they didn't really care so I stopped. eBay is like your junk drawer at home.

4,026 posts

52,727 posts

Yep, although it does require immense perseverance.

32,071 posts

I buy from eBay literally every day. Not so much from the Gold section. It's kind of a midden heap.

29,525 posts

Yep, although it does require immense perseverance.

Just got this last week. :cloud9:

adventure63.jpg

2,177 posts

Just picked up 5 reader grade Atlas horror books yesterday on The Bay.

Most of the time the desirable stuff gets bid up beyond the "good deal" range, but sometimes ya score.

And then there are books that you've been searching a long time for, and have to pay through the nose, but they are there, when no dealer has them.

28,027 posts

Just picked up 5 reader grade Atlas horror books yesterday on The Bay.

Most of the time the desirable stuff gets bid up beyond the "good deal" range, but sometimes ya score.

And then there are books that you've been searching a long time for, and have to pay through the nose, but they are there, when no dealer has them.

..... this is SO true...... and if the "right" book shows up, I'll go double GPA high in a second.... and be glad for the chance. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

12,600 posts

You know what makes me even madder than the GA section of eBay?

The lack of people selling GA Batman's I need in the sells forum. Now that really has me fuming :sumo:

2,488 posts
eBay is but a recycle bin. Hardly anything of note ever comes from there anymore.

And when something of note does appear, an auction house swoops in and convinces the seller to end the auction and consign the books to them.

I agree. Nothing ticks me off more than when an item gets pulled early. Sometimes it's because of a private offer, but sometimes it's just because the bidding hadn't gone as high as the seller wanted it to by a certain point in time.

I don't mind items being relisted for a reasonable price, even if it's a strong price, but when books are listed for four or five times what any sane person would pay, that rubs me the wrong way because it tells me that the seller is a con-artist/scumbag who's just waiting to take advantage of a buyer who doesn't know any better.