• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For what it's worth a new Star Trek series is now in development

84 posts in this topic

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

Unless it's a complete reboot of the universe with the original enterprise crew, I'm not interested. Invested a lot of time with Enterprise and got burned so I'm not interested in any more spin-off "crews". :sumo: Maybe this time they could give us a Enterprise that looks more practical than pretty. meh

The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.
Good luck to them, salute_smiley.gif

but I won't be watching.

I'll give it a whirl....LOVED TNG, of course. Actually really liked Enterprise except for the last episode and I'm currently watching DS9 as I'm just now able to handle Avery Brooks "acting." Not too shabby otherwise, especially once Worf got there.

Voyager was just SO bad...even 7 of 9 couldn't save that one.

I watched Enterprise all the way through recently, and thought it was surprisingly good - especially given all the negativity that I had heard about it. The theme song though was completely unbearable. Truly awful.

I just hated the way they ended it.

The whole dam series was a holonovel?

I watched Enterprise all the way through recently, and thought it was surprisingly good - especially given all the negativity that I had heard about it. The theme song though was completely unbearable. Truly awful.

I just hated the way they ended it.

The whole dam series was a holonovel?

Wait, what??? ???

No, I didn't get that at all. The series was being canceled and the last episode was a wrap-up. Riker was used to study "history" via their Holodeck of what ultimately happened.

Archer's 'Star Fleet Command' evolving into "The United Federation of Planets". Riker was trying to help himself make a decision and studying Archer's crew and ways.

Anyway, it tied all 3 series into a timeline. Archer's beginning, Kirk's 5 year mission and Next Generation's explorations.

That was my take. Yes it was forced and gimmicky, but way, way better than leaving it hanging.

There's something about it that I like a lot. It has some cringe worthy moments and while Vic Mignogna has Kirk mannerisms down pretty well, his voice just doesn't work for me. However, I find myself eagerly awaiting each installment.

Here's that Enterprise final scene (UFP being adopted/computer end program). Archer's founding years and the impact they left on Federation Space, the continuing legacy of...Enterprise. :cloud9:

The series was great, Just that final ending sucked.

I don't think it was needed

I recently finished Voyager, and Captain Janeway is right up there with Quark and all the goofy characters as the worst of any series. At least Neelix ended up with a nobility about him, but Janeway was not only a as a captain, but pretty annoying as well with her stupid Prymaat Conehead voice.