• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardest to find classic pre-code crime or horror cover?

202 posts in this topic

I would say all three of these are tough for it took quite a few years to put them together.The Punches are from 1944 and 45 with the Dynamic coming in at 1944 so

i would say they are pretty early precode if not the first to appear on stands.

chesler.jpg

Beautiful Jack!

The early CDNP's aren't at all easy to come by, and are the best AFA brutality and violence, eh eh;

vfkv90.jpg

Underrated cover for sure. The first half a dozen issues do seem to be harder to find than later ones. Probably a combination of cool covers/ graphic stories in demand, and maybe lower print runs.

The early CDNP's aren't at all easy to come by, and are the best AFA brutality and violence, eh eh;

vfkv90.jpg

Underrated cover for sure. The first half a dozen issues do seem to be harder to find than later ones. Probably a combination of cool covers/ graphic stories in demand, and maybe lower print runs.

8545457147_7157acaef0_b.jpg

I like the surrealistic cover of the first CDNP and all of the other crime covers in this lot.

I don't have the best True Crime cover but I am happy with the rest.

I like the surrealistic cover of the first CDNP and all of the other crime covers in this lot.

Nice group shot!

Nice group shot!

Yes it is! Here are two of my True Crime copies. None of this title is easy to find, BTW.

2v29lc8.jpg

1zxsf2o.jpg

When I hear how tough TMIH 3 is, I have to scratch my head. I've owned 4 copies over the years and one was a double cover too (not the River City).

You must have had them all then. ;)

My impression is it's not so much that the book is hard to find ( though it's not easy), but that due to the tendency for the spine to split, is that it's very difficult to find outside of low grade.

When I hear how tough TMIH 3 is, I have to scratch my head. I've owned 4 copies over the years and one was a double cover too (not the River City).

My impression is it's not so much that the book is hard to find ( though it's not easy), but that due to the tendency for the spine to split, is that it's very difficult to find outside of low grade.

I'd have to somewhat disagree, using eBay as the barometer; this issue very seldom comes up in any grade.

I'd have to somewhat disagree, using eBay as the barometer; this issue very seldom comes up in any grade.

Well, there's one being auctioned on there right now. No doubt it's scarcer than other issues in the run though.